No announcement yet.

Mark please fix second page o' smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that frames are bad... but as I have it disabled any way it wouldn't affect me ... and popups are worse.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Well I think that second page should be linked from the quick reply box.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

I think that the second page smilies load slower because most of them are animated, whereas most of the front page smilies are not.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I agree with Grrr!!
          A link in the quick reply would help those who don't memorise the smilie codes, and doesn't slow down load times for those who do memorise the smilie codes or don't actually use them.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

how about we display the code for the smilies (which appears at the bottome of internet explorer when you hover the mouse over the smilie face). The code will then be a link to place the smilie in the text.

Having just text for smilies will negate the graphics and load time associated with it. The smilies would only show up in the post itself.

We can determine what smilie is which from the words inside the :'s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              how about we display the code for the smilies (which appears at the bottome of internet explorer when you hover the mouse over the smilie face). The code will then be a link to place the smilie in the text.

Having just text for smilies will negate the graphics and load time associated with it. The smilies would only show up in the post itself.

We can determine what smilie is which from the words inside the :'s.
              GREAT IDEA!!!

Markos think for more than .9x seconds on this.

Comment

Of course the load speed of the reply page is less important now that we have the Quick Reply window

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I forgot about the quick reply window. This is my first time trying it out. I'm assuming you can use smilies with it if you know the code.

Comment

The point is that most smilies are loaded in the thread anyway, so it doesn't really matter about the graphics loading time, it is only the html which is HUGE.

Comment

Just print the Smilies page out, and keep it next to the computer, you'll have a nice list of all the codes.

Comment

You'll are on Apolyton too much!

Ohhhh, I can't wait till my printer warms up. Hooo boy ohhh boy.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                        X