No announcement yet.

News Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, don't worry, I'm already working on it (under the motto: if the news doesn't come to you, go to the news)
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well that is good news.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

How is the Number of comments calculated?

This thread currently (before this post) have 32 posts (which makes 31 replies) 9 posts are by Markos.

The newspage says 27 comments.

I can't really get out where that number is taken from.

BTW, we have OR, AND and NAND. Now only NOR, XOR and XNOR is missing
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          BTW, we have OR, AND and NAND. Now only NOR, XOR and XNOR is missing
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            The newspage says 27 comments.

I can't really get out where that number is taken from.
            for faster viewing times, news pages use static text files which are created every time a news item is posted or edited. so on the news archive, the number of comments show the number of replies of the related thread at the time of the last creation of the text files.

news search results on the hand are dynamic and therefore the comments numbers are always right
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I have a suggestion for the colorhandling in the news:

As PHP is used to generate all the pages, some on the fly and some every time the text is changed, it would be no problem to have PHP to replace colorcodes with colors. For example replace {qcolor} with #123381 each time a news for a CtP2 page is generated.
              This would not only make it easier for your News agents to write newsitems fore a specific section, and have to think of what color it shall have, but would also give great abilities for the archive and the search. If you search just for CtP2 or looks in CtP2 archive it would be possible to make it use the CtP2 colors for the page, and if you look on civ3 news it could use Civ3 colors. All newsitem in the general archive/search cold be given the same (default) colors, to make it easier to read for instance the Civ3 Quotes on white background.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I couldn't agree more with Gramphos, would make live a lot easier for all of us (all who post news, that is)
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                X