X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

You'd be nothing without CivTrivia
    Well, just the MultiTool alone have given me >3 newsitems

BTW, Markos, why can't you search for 'Gramphos AND NOT Trivia'?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      cause i havent programmed that yet
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

Oh, I see, so you intend to add it in an expansion pack, or will it be a later patch?

Speaking of the newsscript, I want to drag your attention to the integration with the forum mainpage and the newsscript seeam to have a little something missing...
        MoO3 news direct to Misc, and RoN news to Alt.
        When I'm on the new sections, howe come they are only reachable from each other with the topbar, and the mainpage?

Comment

Oh, I see, so you intend to add it in an expansion pack, or will it be a later patch?
          i can not comment on this issue until i'm certain of the answer
          Speaking of the newsscript, I want to drag your attention to the integration with the forum mainpage and the newsscript seeam to have a little something missing...
          fixed(i think)
          When I'm on the new sections, howe come they are only reachable from each other with the topbar, and the mainpage?

the other sections are not very friendly with the new ones yet and dont feel like linking to them

Comment

Nice feature

However, the 'Category' thing doesn't seem to do much: when I search for my name in CtP2 only, I get all Civ3, CtP1 and Apolyton news items with my name as well, same when I search for Civ3 or any other category. Bug?

Well, just the MultiTool alone have given me >3 newsitems
            Pah! I kick both your @sses with 30+ news items that mention (variations of) my name (not counting CivTrivia of course)
            Oddly enough however, 3 news items were dedicated to my Flat Map Support mod for CtP1, yet none of them actually mention my name
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              However, the 'Category' thing doesn't seem to do much: when I search for my name in CtP2 only, I get all Civ3, CtP1 and Apolyton news items with my name as well, same when I search for Civ3 or any other category. Bug?
              yeap. fixed.

Comment

now you can

Comment

fixed(i think)
                  Yes, it seems to work now...
                  So, as it is working, it might be time for a new suggestion... I don't want you to be without anything to do
                  Would it be possible to add a similar feature as the crrent headlines to each forum category, so if you visit the Civilization III category, all Civ3 headlines would show, and for the Misc category, all About and Misc news should be listed?

the other sections are not very friendly with the new ones yet and dont feel like linking to them

Well, sertainly, I understand Nither is the footer of the Forum, as I see it

Comment

yeap. fixed.
                    Great, I like the NOT feature too

One other oddity: in the top-bar above the news archive (with the links to all other sections), the link to the CtP2 section is missing...

Comment

Would it be possible to add a similar feature as the crrent headlines to each forum category, so if you visit the Civilization III category, all Civ3 headlines would show, and for the Misc category, all About and Misc news should be listed?
                      this is actually an idea i had for some time now! thanks for the... reminder

it has currently been implemented in the apolyton and civ3 forums(light-special style)

Comment

it has currently been implemented in the apolyton and civ3 forums(light-special style)
                        Nice Actually, it seems to work on all forums (all the ones I tried anyway). The only (very minor) remark I have is that it might look slightly better if you switched the position of the 'forum hierarchy' thingie ("Apolyton CS Forums > Miscellaneous > Apolyton/Community") and the news items.

Could you copy this to the default-special style as well?

Comment

it should now work on all styles and on almost all forums(exceptions are some of the alt.civs/other games forums and the hosted sites)

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice
                              I second that

Comment

now we need some ctp1 news cause those dates are embarassing

Comment

Working...
                                X