The clock is wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The clock is wrong!

It says its 12:11 GMT when in fact its 11:11 GMT.

GMT doesn't change for Daylight Saving.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Yeah, it's now BST
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Uh-oh. I'd expect it'll take about 2 to 3 weeks for them to fix it again...

Comment

...or you can wait until the next Apolyton time-warp.

Comment

Its an error I can live with as its not "wrong" - the time stated as GMT is the actual time in the UK, but it is technically incorrect as the UK is currently GMT + 1 hr until October.

Its also something that probably can't be corrected.

Comment

Are you referring to the phrase:

All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 00:00. ...
            Or something similar at the bottom of the page?
            Because in that case, the GMT thing refers to timezone, not time, right? But in that case I'm not sure what the conventions are... Or maybe I have everything mixed up...
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hydey looks at the clock on the wall " ah thats what the real time is"
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yeah. This is screwing up the times for all residents of NA. We don't go to Daylight Savings Time for a while yet.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                  Are you referring to the phrase:

All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 00:00. ...
                  Or something similar at the bottom of the page?
                  Because in that case, the GMT thing refers to timezone, not time, right? But in that case I'm not sure what the conventions are... Or maybe I have everything mixed up...
                  GMT is not a timezone, it is a specific universal time that does not go forward or back. This is so that it can be used as a benchmark.

Britain is currently on BST (British Summertime) which is GMT + 1hr. If GMT changed for "daylight saving" it would screw all the countries that don't change at the same time (and in the same direction), like notwithstanding land.

Comment

Same error here.

Am living in Singapore, which is GMT+8 and is NEVER changing for summer time, but the time at the bottom of my screen has changed last weekend.

Comment

Same error here

Maybe it's because we never change time...

BTW, I still think that Indiana time should be recognized by Poly. Heck, even Microsoft has a special setting for us!
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

So it is. The 'Poly clock is one hour too fast.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

time is too complicated.

Why doesn't the whole world just run on the same time. Sure 9:00 AM may be dark for some people, but they will learn to adjust just like Australians learn to adjust to June being in the winter.

This would make things much simpler.

Although you know some weird arab nation will insist on being 30 minutes different

P.S. the time looks OK to me. It is one hour ahead of my time. I am in PST time right now. Mountain is one time zone over. Looks OK to me. We'll see how it is after daylight savings time though.

Comment

This is ridiculous.

For half the year I have to put up with a clock that is an hour slow, because apolyton doesn't offer a GMT + 1300 option. And now the clock is an hour fast.
                            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                            X