Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Article Man

It had me in stitches and I agree 100%.

I'm telling you, every time I built the UN in Civ 2, I watched the movie, and every time I watched it, I got a chill down my spine...

Comment

Re: Great Article Man

Originally posted by Drefsab
      It had me in stitches and I agree 100%.

I'm telling you, every time I built the UN in Civ 2, I watched the movie, and every time I watched it, I got a chill down my spine...
      Some of us never built the UN...
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I find it hard to believe that the guy who wrote Sid and co. with the Great Wall-backpackers and Mikes Chapel-pickpockets ideas could be disappointed with a bronze foot...
        Another classic column all the same.

Comment

Great column.

Bitter much?
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Nice one bugs.
            (+1)

Comment

Maybe Dan and Markos can hire Bugs to write a column every week? I'm sure we all can live without new upgrades of VBB or other things DanG spend their revenues on... Pay Bugs instead!
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Thats a great idea. Bugs must be the most interesting writer on 'Poly.
                (+1)

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Nicely written column. Not only is the writing trenchant, but Bugs had a real point to make (content). I find his humor more amusing when tied to some actual issue and when it is not "too" overblown. Liked this a lot better than the AH interview. (That one tried too hard.)

I agree that the lack of wonder movies is a step back. I think that the grinning leaders seem to repeat the bad idea of moving from video to animation. Even though video is (more lifelike). The stupid leaders seem similar to the stupid bobbing and weaving heralds of Civ2. I think the problem is that someone interested in programming graphics more than creating art was allowed his way in the project.

Comment

I found the SMAC videos better than the Civ 2 videos, even though they were CGI.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If/when Bugs is interested and available to write another article for <U>The Column</U>, I am most certain that he will submit one.

----------------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Hey Dan, could you loosen up. The overly formal language is verbose and stilted...

Comment

Excellent column and straight on target.

However, it doesn't appear that the Apolyton editor who tagged the article "As if Civ couldn't get any more addictive -- it did", actually read it.

Comment

By-line typo... will be corrected shortly (if not already when you read this).

----------------
                              Dan; Apolyton CS
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

good column, and yes SMAC is still keeping it's own distinct appeal with its in-game movies we don't have in Civ III ( you did notice also without any voiceover at all....odd for a recent game ). Really, the most terrible thing Civ III can do is destroying sleeping time. It is still an addictive game even without the technical improvements it should have had.
                                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Working...
                                X