Column #202; By Bugs ****ing Bunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Column #202; By Bugs ****ing Bunny

The 202nd edition of "The Column", dated January 5th, 2002, <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/column/202_destroy.shtml">has arrived</A> albeit somewhat late. Entitled "<I>CivIII</I> Will Destroy Free World", author Bugs ****ing Bunny tells us that if we thought that <I>Civ</I> couldn't get any more addictive, it actually didn't this time around. To comment on this article, simply reply to this thread.

For the month of March, Thursday`s will show off one of the four submissions received since mid-December last year. You can find a preview of them, plus a summary of all past columns going back to August, 1998, by <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/column">clicking here</A>. We are in desperate need for more submissions. It is hoped that "The Column" will begin publishing regularly every Saturday starting in April if enough interest and contributions are generated.

If you would like to submit one, please vist the "<A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/column/submit.shtml">Article Submission</A>". If your article is not featured in a preview on "The Column"`s index page, please re-submit it as it was not received for one reason or another.

-----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; March 25, 2002, 22:33.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Excellent read!

I thought it was going to be all about how good CivIII is but we all know it isn't. There was a discussion of this awhile back in one of the CivIII forums too....found it!

Too bad Firaxis et al get to benefit by all the great work the CivII mod community is doing to really improve the horrendious look of this game.

This is a very funny take on things. Enjoyed it, thanks Bugs.

-FMK.

Comment

I love wonder movies

Nice one Laz.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Cool.

I miss the wonder movies too.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I thought that Smith's looked rather like the last Gas Station on the road to H*ll, New Mexico. I keep expecting Apaches to ride up and burn whatever city it is built in.

Just goes to show that we interpret what we are familiar with into the images we see.

Off to seek clouds.

Good read.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I, too, will miss the Wonder Movies.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

"minged to the mong"

Ming takes on new meaning.

I can't wait to go to Mingapulco! Now I understand the excessive spamming.
              Here's a link.

Comment

As always, excellent reading material

The style is wonderfull, classic Lazarus and the Gimp.

The content is excellent and so on the spot. They loose the "feeling" that Civ has to have for it to be - Civ.

Comment

Wonder Movies...? I always turned them off... Once they were good, but after that- why would you want them?

-
                  On another note->
                  Take the Sistine Chapel, for example. Did it show the jaw-dropping magnificence of Michelangelo's and Raphael's art, which not only was the crowning moment in high Renaissance art but also a key influence on global perceptions of the Christian iconography? Nope. Instead I got an exterior shot of a small and rather brutal Gothic church which appeared to have been made of adobe.
                  (The best line in the article )
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Gotta love it!
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I clicked on the article knowing that I was in for a good read because, after all, it was written by Bugs...and my pleasurable anticipation was enjoyably fulfilled.

oh yeah, and Firaxis...

Gimme back my wonder movies!!!...Waaaaaaaa
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Agreed whole heartedly on the wonder movies and ever-NOT-so-wonderful snapshot replacements. As for the leaders...I always wondered which home for the mentally disabled the got them from. Every time Alexander or Catherine started to smile, I fully expected to see a fine sliver of drool start running from the corner of their mouths...
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Ah, so true and so amusing at the same time

Great article, Laz

Comment

Five thumbs up.

I felt the exact same way, even knowing the movies had been axed prior.

"Buggermethat'sbloodyamazingovision"

Gotta love it.

RAH

Now if all the complaints about the game had been handled that way, I'd still be checking out the CIVIII forums.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

With the passing of the wonder movies Civ lost its...wonder. Still a great game, its history is still epic, but it has lost its... majesty.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X