No announcement yet.

A message from Infat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban ixnay and then unban anyone who was ever banned. That will solve a lot mor eproblems

Comment

damn, i move back into the dorms over x-mas break and miss all this come on PH, don't let the mods get you down,its not that big a deal. besides, your even more of a celeb now than you were before. and since you are no longer a diety, you have something to do again!

infat's coming back, right?

Comment

Rogan Josh, bonny lad,

Its is indeed a pitiful sight, to see one of good education and reasonable intelligence, repeating the the same dumb errors that has already been debunked a dozen time in three days. Despite your sometimes apparent mental prowess, you are UTTERLY CLUELESS on this incident, and on the not difficult to understand (albeit with large gray areas and discretion) standards of this site. I think you are a person of good will, and are not acting for the purpose of spite against MtG, whom you dislike.

Refer to my post on the describing the EASILY DISCERNABLE reasons for the penalties assessed on G, PH & B, on the first page of this thread January 16, 12:55, and with Administration's (Markos) unequivocal approval thereof at 13:30. Use you fine memory then to keep these portions of the standards in mind, particularly the offense of using misrepresentation (even unintentional) and baiting in an attack on the rules and moderators of the site.
        Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; January 17, 2002, 14:11.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Give everyone (Prince and above or 1 year+) moderator powers, then remove them as punishments. When we have 3 people left who have not offended anyone or broken any rules, they get to stay mods. The best part is that those who still are mods can re-instate mod-powers to those who have had them removed should they feel it wise.

(This could be quite an interesting game of politics if it didn't have quite so many nasty repercussions. Perhaps allow mod-ship only in the OT)
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

We (generic "we") used to do something similar in IRC a while ago. Everyone in the chatroom would be opped (the equivlant of being given admin powers here), and one thing that ops can do is de-op other ops. So, we'd do a countdown, then everyone would start de-opping the others, until just a single op remained, and he'd have power. It was great fun (even if I was the first de-opped and also kick-banned from the room half the time ), it'd be neat to see it done here

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
              I think MtG should be permabanned. Calling someone gay is not an insult and anyone claiming it is is being homophobic.
              Yeah... it is not quite an insult to many... but claiming anybody that is insulted by it is homophobic is just moronic.

I find his entire behaviour out of line. He is insulting, bigotted, offensive, ignorant, intolerant and totally unsuitable for mod status.
              You are welcome to your opinion... many would say the same about the things you say. Again...opinion.

There is nothing new in these recent actions. The unreasonable bannings of PH and Infat (or whatever he is called this week) just underline his previous ridiculous behaviour.
              Unreasonable... again, an opinion... and one not based on facts, just a knee jerk reaction based on your biases.. All of his bannings were reasonable and justified... fortunately, your opinion doesn't matter.

While we are at it lets ban Chris62 aswell.
              Talk about unreasonable

The difficulty is that different people find different things insulting. I personally would not find the 'choking on semen' remark offensive if aimed at me, but homophobes regard it as such and PH gets banned
              Ignoring the facts again... he was nailed for his repeated attempts to bait somebody... and his intent isn't in question. He has even stated that he hates him, and attacks him for that reason... so your statement is ignorant.

But when certain American posters (like Chris62) make outrageously insulting comments about Europeans it is not deemed offensive and gets by.
              Yeah... he must have learned that skill first from the Europeans.
              They do it on a regular basis against Americans and aren't suspended for it. When the attacks get personal... like PH's, then action is taken.

So... your two cents is probably worth only one cent
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just what IS the deal about getting banned? So you can't post for a week or so.

-Is it the humiliation?
                I don't think so. People here quit enjoy telling others about their previous bannings. It gives more status than it takes away.

-Is it being barred from Apolyton, the lifeline of many poster?
                That would be sad. People can still read, not post. People here have some sort of life outside Apolyton, don't they?

-Is it the PCR?
                That would be the saddest. If people really need status from a message board, now that would be scary.

-Is it the grave unjustice and the abuse of power by the moderators?
                The posts by which people get banned aren't always that offensive, but the sum of al lot more or less offensive posts do lead up to it.

Can someone tell me what the big deal is?
                Well, lets just imagine my question is not hypothetical then...
                -
                My God, I'm thirty, I need a drink - english textbook spelling error

Comment

The worst sting appears to be just having authority exercised over them, and second simply telling them the critisism: "you got it wrong or you scred up or you have been bad"
                  The actual penalites appear to be very minor compared to that, but for some odd pychological reason the real stings do not appear to take affect without the lessor ones.
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

DinoDoc,

1) You weren't punished for your ignorance. So why are you complaining?
                    Well, I was warned (only the 2nd time that's ever happened to me on here ), but the point was that if MtG can say he wants to kill OBL, why can't I wish death, but not threaten the death of, a federal agent, whom, according to my information at the time, committed murder?

2) You had no information to go on at the time and filled in what you needed to know with your own prejudices. Are you suprised that you got called on it?
                    I had the same info everyone else had. Not a lot, certainly, but what I thought happened seemed to be a reasonable interpretation based upon the actions of the government in many situations, notably Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the War on Drugs.

3) There were no federal agents involved in the incident you describe at all.
                    Well gee, I forget exactly what happened in that thread, only that I got warned over something that, in the end, I really should not have been warned about (IMO of course ).

MtG,

Try it yourself, Floyd - no getting arount the autocensor

**** is censored as a word in itself, but when the letters are in another word, they're not censored.

Unless it's extreme, I never bust people for bypassing the autocensor - the only time I can think of, the guy did it 20 times in a single post, all to prove a point that he'd figured out how to do it. He proved his point, so I decided to prove mine.
                    True, but it's a spirit of the law thing. If the site admin didn't care about the word "****" being said, in any form, on these forums, they wouldn't have banned it to begin with. Reasonable assumption?

And yes, I know you don't bust people for the auto-censor - I think it's a stupid rule anyway. I'm just saying
                    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      Give everyone (Prince and above or 1 year+) moderator powers, then remove them as punishments. When we have 3 people left who have not offended anyone or broken any rules, they get to stay mods. The best part is that those who still are mods can re-instate mod-powers to those who have had them removed should they feel it wise.
                      You can not enforce rules without offending people who feel they should be exempt, or that their buddies should be exempt.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                        my 2c (I can say 'cent' now without appearing American thank God!)

I think MtG should be permabanned. Calling someone gay is not an insult and anyone claiming it is is being homophobic.

I find his entire behaviour out of line. He is insulting, bigotted, offensive, ignorant, intolerant and totally unsuitable for mod status.

There is nothing new in these recent actions. The unreasonable bannings of PH and Infat (or whatever he is called this week) just underline his previous ridiculous behaviour.

While we are at it lets ban Chris62 aswell.

The difficulty is that different people find different things insulting. I personally would not find the 'choking on semen' remark offensive if aimed at me, but homophobes regard it as such and PH gets banned. But when certain American posters (like Chris62) make outrageously insulting comments about Europeans it is not deemed offensive and gets by.

How can we trust Mtg to censor others when he cannot censor himself?
                        {Val Kilmer voice as Doc Holliday }Does this mean we are no longer friends? You know Rogan, I don't think I could bear it if we are no longer friends?{/Val Kilmer voice as Doc Holliday}

As always, I'll give your commentary all the consideration it's due. BTW, I hold you in equally high regard. And your occasional endorsements do more to encourage me to stay in this job than you can ever know. Thank you.

Funny thing, though - when you people direct remarks at others, why is it you seem to think that it's your standards of what is offensive, and not theirs, that should be taken into consideration? I'm sure a Klansman doesn't think the term "******" is offensive, so by your "logic" of current convenience, we should abide by his interpretation, not that of the person to who the remark was directed. Yeah, right, nice try.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Dammit address my question

Or at least, that is, if you have the time, I'm just doing it for ****s and giggles anyway
                          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                            {Val Kilmer voice as Doc Holliday }Does this mean we are no longer friends? You know Rogan, I don't think I could bear it if we are no longer friends?{/Val Kilmer voice as Doc Holliday}
                            Well that was worth the price of admission, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                              I loved Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday... And that was one of my favorite lines... and so appropriate here
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

For guess who...

I love ya too, sweety.

I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                                X