People who start "I'm leaving" threads should be permanently banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who start "I'm leaving" threads should be permanently banned

I'm really bored to death by "I'm leaving" threads, which are usually just an excuse for some bleating about a mod decision or a bit of flaming of somebody or other. The people who are really leaving and never coming back don't post these threads and almost everyone who does post an "I'm leaving" thread, returns after a short time, even on the same day in cases like EVC.

So why not delete the account of anyone who posts such a thread as a deterrent to the insincere?

The exception would be people who just announcing they are going away for a specified period, such as for a holiday or whatever.

People should have to ask for their login back after a posting an "I'm leaving" thread. Maybe there should be a mandatory period of absence, like say a week?

What do you think?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Re: People who start "I'm leaving" threads should be permanently banned

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    People should have to ask for their login back after a posting an "I'm leaving" thread.
    i think they should also be forced to make a public apology for making people think they were really leaving, accompanied with a photo of them wearing <a href=http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/productdetail.aspx?prodno=1366963>this</a>
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Aww, its because less people pay attention to AH when other posters announce they're laeving

Comment

I think, AH, that you should quit making inflammatory threads that could give our little group of uptight Americans a heart attack or make them choke.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Oh, Stewie, you really need to get laid or something (or maybe you are, and it's making you lose your touch).

You just don't have it any more.

It's a shame to see a former Ubertroll god slip into such mediocrity.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Re: People who start "I'm leaving" threads should be permanently banned

Originally posted by MarkG
            i think they should also be forced to make a public apology for making people think they were really leaving, accompanied with a photo of them wearing <a href=http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/productdetail.aspx?prodno=1366963>this</a>
            Or maybe they could <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/productdetail.aspx?prodno=1882590">save a few bucks</a> in the process.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'll ignore that little threadjack.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

LOL! GOTTA GET SOME OF THOSE BOXERS!

Oh wait, it says it impresses 'ladies' ... never mind....

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                  LOL! GOTTA GET SOME OF THOSE BOXERS!

Oh wait, it says it impresses 'ladies' ... never mind....
                  How about <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/productdetail.aspx?prodno=1342543">these ones</a>?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: People who start "I'm leaving" threads should be permanently banned

Originally posted by MarkG

Your expectations have been cruelly disappointed in some cases eh Mark?

I can think of a few "I'm leaving" announcements that provoked nothing but cheering. But then they came back.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

How about <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/productdetail.aspx?prodno=1342543">these ones</a>?
                      Much better

Comment

Re: Re: Re: People who start "I'm leaving" threads should be permanently banned

I can think of a few "I'm leaving" announcements that provoked nothing but cheering. But then they came back.
                        Perhaps that's why they came back?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: People who start "I'm leaving" threads should be permanently banned

Like?

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon

Much better
                            Isn't the lettering a little mispositioned?
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Will I be banned if I make a thread entitled
                              "People who start threads saying People who start I'm leaving threads should be banned should be banned thread"?

Comment

Working...
                              X