Civ 2 files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin,
    Don't worry, I emailed both Dan and Markos when I originally applied for the job. This of course resulted in each expecting the other to take appropriate action but eventually it became clear Markos was the guy who would take care of it. Or at least he said he would... soon... eventually... maybe... probably not...

Dan,
    Very true. And I'm aware of the current state of affairs (well, as far as you guys have released details anyway), but they always taught me in school 'planning' should come with some sort of time-schedule as well

Yes, I know you're doing the best you can and you're busy and stuff, I was just wondering when files can be added to the database again (by me or anyone else), since only 1 file has been added to the CtP2 database over the last 6 months or so (while us modmakers haven't exactly been doing nothing). And I can't even remember how long ago the last CtP1 update was (although I have to admit not too many files have been admitted for that either).
    Last edited by Locutus; January 16, 2002, 07:04.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Neither Markos nor myself have the time for looking after the CTP/CTP2 databases right now because of other matters (both Apolyton and non-Apolyton related) and in addition do not have time to train somebody else at this point.

What is even a greater consideration in this regard is, as I posted about in the January 6th "About" section news item and discussed in another thread in this forum earlier this week, is that we recently purchased a new database script and that initial testing began for implementation just shortly before the server difficulties arose. Because of this, our own timeline was thrown off course and we cannot get back on course until the server matter is resolved and this is presently out of our hands in terms of that timeline (we are not the ones at GS working on the problem still).

-----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Well, it obviously not what I want to hear but thanks for the info anyway, Dan, I undertand perfectly.

I'll consult with the Queen and see if we can assimilate your server, that way the Collective can keep it running at maximum efficiency

Comment

I wonder how much time OmniGod have to train you Locutus.

Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            I wonder how much time OmniGod have to train you Locutus.
            Damn, I should have gotten you into this months ago, that's a brilliant idea

Dan?
            Markos?
            Richard?

Comment

Working...
            X