Positive Encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    The admins did a pretty good job, except for the part of losing several hundred posts.
    we didnt loose them. we decided that we should do the move sooner, rather than have to keep the forums down for another 12 hours in order to bring the most updated data
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It takes 12 hours to replicate the mySQL database? Would take shorter if you copy the entire HDD...
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It takes 12 hours to replicate the mySQL database? Would take shorter if you copy the entire HDD...
        Would copying the HDD make much sense, though?

The problem could have been in some of the software installed.

There's a more recent Apache build up now (1.3.22 vs 1.3.12 before). Probably a bunch of other updated code, too.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

it can take 12 hours(and more perhaps) to move hundreds of mb's of data over the net...
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I based my earliest opinions of this site on second-hand information from someone I didn't even know. Having come here to see for myself, I do believe it is one of the best administered MBs on the 'Net. I'd like to join others in expressing my appreciation that you provide this forum and the privilege of posting here.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

And I just can't get enough, and I just can't get enough... [of Apolyton]
              (Depeche Mode)
              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

You go admins!

I must say it was sure lonely without this magical place.

I had nothing to do. No place to share Civ III information... No place to share ME information... No place to crack jokes about PH's excess of post count...

Comment

Working...
                X