Positive Encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Encouragement

I know this server issue has been a pain in the *ss, and that you guys have probably been busting them all the same. But I just wanted to express my appreciation that you're working through the issues. I guess a couple of days living without makes the appreciation become clearer.

You guys will solve it one of these days.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Didn't Derek made a similar thread?

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

There have been discussions in the past about some sort of payment to ensure a fast working service. Back then it was dismissed. But is there anything the members can do to help to put Apolyton back in full business. If you need money for a server or whatnot, post a bankaccount number and let the people who want to, make a donation. A lot of the posters are poor students, but some of us have decnt jobs and I for one wouldn't mind making a (modest ) donation, if it would be of any help.

Good luck anyway!
            Well, lets just imagine my question is not hypothetical then...
            -
            My God, I'm thirty, I need a drink - english textbook spelling error

Comment

Well it is good that is has been moved over on to the other server which should mean it is stable and speedy. I presume you must need to take down the other server to do extensive work on it. Let's face it, it hasn't been too reliable
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Now, now Doctor, you're preachin to the choir here.

This new server is fast as a muthur****er, by the way.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm a thread starta, twisted thread starta...
                  ROTFLMAO

I can just imagine PH as Keith Flint hitting his mohawk head while clicking on "new thread"

Comment

Just got an idea from someone on about thread starting after some mention of The Prodigy. Just flicked into my mind. I'm glad someone has found it entertaining
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Thanks Apolyton for the great work you did in getting this site back up! Much appreciated.
                      Empire growing,
                      Pleasures flowing,
                      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

That's just beautiful, man.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Positive encouragement is an oxymoron

Ever heard of negative encouragement?
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Negative encouragement would be an oxymoron.

Positive encouragement is redundant.

I'm sure someone would have pointed this out, but I just wanted the post.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The admins did a pretty good job, except for the part of losing several hundred posts.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X