Dutch Apolyton Meeting 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Apolyton Meeting 2002

Right, how about holding a second Dutch Apolyton Meeting?

And if we are to hold one,
    1) when should we hold it?; and
    2) where should it take place?

Now, let's hear some ideas; discuss!

Wow, we're back again!!

My take is that we should organize something fun during a major event (Dutch national holiday preferred). That way some of the early birds will have something to do while the laggards catch up at the end of the day for some drinks and something to eat.

I know!!! We'll meet at Cybershy's wedding!!!

But whatever we do, we'll have to inform everyone well in advance.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

CyberShy is actually getting married?

Comment

Cap, whatever you do, keep it to the actual community members... there's nothing silleir than inviting EVERY Dutch Apolytoner, even those who barely ever post

it's supposed to be fun after all

Comment

Well for some very strange reason, the post I made to this thread has disappeared, and I am sure it got through

Anyway, as I said, if we can arrange a date, I will try and come across. If I can get a special deal on a ferry trip, I will try and drag some of my British counterparts along with me
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In that case, I shall take advantage of the situation and have a trip from Cottbus to Berlin, have a meal, from Berlin to Hamburg, have a meal and spend the night at my cousin's, and then off to Amsterdam where the meeting will take place

and then back.. well, a single weekend does not suffice I'm afraid

Comment

Excellent, this is looking like it has the potential to be a good one. Better get stocking up on those Euros
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, I 'd definitely like to meet the people again that I already have met. And if there's chance to get to se some more Dutch and even Brits, why not... all I need is a little more time, I can't just take several days off or so, doesn't work

Comment

Well I have the same thing Andy, this is going to be something we will have to plan months and months in advance. Remember, I will have to get two overnight ferry trips so it will mean time off work for me as well!
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

OK, what is enough is enough, count me out

Comment

I know!!! We'll meet at Cybershy's wedding!!!
                      De bruidslijst ligt bij de Bijenkorf,
                      ik verwacht wel HELE GROTE DURE kado's !
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

None of that foreign stuff. If I'm coming along the nominated language is going to have to be English
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

My post here appears to have disappeared too. I'd like to come across, but it's a mere possibility at the moment... so watch out.
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Seems like the forums crashed and have reverted to a backup copy... my Bristol meet-up thread has vanished too.
                            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
                              Wow, we're back again!!

My take is that we should organize something fun during a major event (Dutch national holiday preferred).
                              Koninginnedag (30-04)!

But whatever we do, we'll have to inform everyone well in advance.
                              Naturally

Comment

Working...
                              X