What's wrong with CSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with CSC

what's wrong with Civization Scenario Collection?
    it has not been updated for a year,
    and I have seen new scenarios since that.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Word was it was to updated, but that never happened, and now I believe it can't be, for some reason.

Mark, you really should change the info on the site page, it makes it look like it was updated recently, it says new scenario Dec 4...but that was 2000!
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

doesn'tanybodyknow?

Comment

The site's dead.
        Allard Höfelt hasn't been around for a while now, but I don't know about Andrew Hoekzema.
        Anyway, all scenarios at CSC are also at the Spanish Civ2 Site (http://spanish.apolyton.net, the "Bestonet" section). And that site is being updated every now and then.

But as long as the designers don't submit their scenarios they won't appear anywhere!
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I never was part of the CSC project, though I did run A+A with Allard for a while. You should ask Jesus Balsinde at the Spanish Site, since it was a joint project between Allard and Jesus.
          "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Yeah, the CSC is dead. Most of the stuff has been transferred to the Spanish Civ Site. I haven't been able to post a notice and close it down definitively cos I lost FTP access and am waiting for re-activation. I do not know how long will that take but I'm guessing it'll be before 2043.

Comment

What ever happened to Allard? I haven't heard from him in a very long time.

Comment

Dunno either. Got tired of sending him emails I think he's decided to put Civ to rest. It's a pity he was one of the best fellows of the civ community. BTw, Andrew, are you working on the Philippines scenario or any other?

Comment

Not the Phillipines (I somehow don't have any of that data anymore) but I plan on doing a scenario over the winter break (right now it's finals time). I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet, though. I have a number of ideas: the Pueblo Revolt, the French Indochina Wars (prior to France's withdrawal), the 80's Central American conflicts like El-Salvador and Nicaragua. I'm also considering doing a "Manifest Destiny" scenario that takes place in the 18th century. Though I've always been more interested in historical scenarios, I am considering doing a "Red Alert" scenario.

Comment

I'm sad to hear that CSC is Dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X