• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdWizard
    majority rule

MarkDanGQ aren't going to block guests
    they did earlier, just after the release of civ3

Comment

What they did was to limit the number of guests, and I think that cap is still there.

I don't know what is best to do, but it seems to me that Mark should get the hack to save custom Avatars as files to favor cashing.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

there is currently no limit on the number of guests
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I don't think that civ-3 newbie whining should be more important than the OT. Closing down the OT should be done after banning guests, if still necessary.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

If it comes to it, take down the avatars. We can do without pretty pictures, but without guests the number of new members will decline drastically and the site will slowly die.

Comment

I dont think banning guests is the answer, Apolyton needs the exposure. How about buying a new server?
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

wheres the "both" option??
                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

It looks like the choice has been made to shut down avatars for a little while longer--I think that's the right one.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Avatars aren't that important, start a thread where you show them off if they are disabled.
                    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      there is currently no limit on the number of guests
                      Maybe a limit of 300 guests would be good. That would reduce traffic but still allow access to non-registered civ fans.
                      No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

When push comes to shove, disabling avatars seem the correct way.

Who knows, some guests might just click on ad banners or buy ACS merchandise.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'd say that people are a lot more important then pictures
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                          X