Best Civ Game Ever At the Present Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Civ Game Ever At the Present Time

Which Civ game is the very best, as of right now (assuming no new expansions, and a patch that only fixes technical bugs)?
    Civ I
    14.29%
    CivNET
    0.00%
    Civ II Original
    7.14%
    Civ II Fantastic Worlds
    5.36%
    Civ ToT
    7.14%
    CtP II
    5.36%
    Civ III
    46.43%
    Civ MGE
    14.29%
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Civ3. But that doesn't mean it doesn't need work. And I'm not even talking about technical issues. There are some gameplay and interface issues that I hope will be dealt with.

Comment

Note that I didn't bother listing CtP I....

"sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker

With Celestial Dawn's and other mods, I played CTP more than CTP2. That's because they only made 1 patch for CTP2. I heard it was a lot better after mods came out for CTP2 but at that point it was too late for me to care, especially since I found out after already knowing that Civ3 would be out.

Comment

Seems like a lotta people here like place a high priority on pretty graphics and other 'chrome'...

Comment

Civ2.

Only because it lasted as a popular game with large community for 5-6 years.
            Civ3 is a serious pretender for the throne, but only years will tell.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Seems like a lotta people here like place a high priority on pretty graphics and other 'chrome'...
              Um yeah...that's exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned gameplay and interface issues that need to be addressed, and when I said I didn't play CTP2 because it was only patched once.

I was really talking about the graphics. Go through all my posts. It's just repeated complaints about how ugly the tanks look, and that settlers look like they are holding guitars (wait that's a good, funny thing).

Comment

CTP 1 is still the only Civ game with PBEM, and that makes it still the best for me. But that may change when there comes a PBEM patch for Civ3.

Comment

LOL I wasn't talking to you Pembleton, I hadn't even read your post yet.

Comment

Not even one vote for MGE?

Comment

What? No SMAC/SMAX?

Comment

SMAC is not Civilization. It is 'Civ-esque', but it is not historical.

Comment

Civ2 MGE
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

CivIII. Despite it's issues, it is better than what has come before it.

And why not list CtP? It was better than CtP2, and this makes the poll incomplete.
                            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

SMAC is not Civilization. It is 'Civ-esque', but it is not historical.
                              True. Fantastic Worlds is though, with it's monsters, ToT with it's aliens... And as graphics go, CtP and CtP2 were better than Civ3.
                              To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Working...
                              X