No announcement yet.

Best Civ Game Ever At the Present Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Civ1 from the above is the only game that I've played, that has to be the best for me. (You should have include Smac/Smacx and Colonization).
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

MGE! It ain't gold for nothin!
      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
        And as graphics go, CtP and CtP2 were better than Civ3.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I haven´t really played Civ3 yet, so I go for Civ2ToT.
          It´s Civ2 FW/MGE with lots of extras and a huge scenario making potential. Even if Civ3 will get a major patch beyond anyone´s wildest dreams, it still won´t match ToT´s scenario making possibilities.
          Too bad so few people seem to play ToT.

On the other hand, Civ3 probably does beat ToT in a random game. But then again, ToT has separate fantasy, science-fiction and "Alpha Centauri" (extended original) games.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

When we recieve a 'sample population' of +100 voters I think we can draw some conclusions about what the 'hardcore' community feels at least (hardcore as in people who like Civ enough to search for a web-site about it).

So far, slightly more than half prefer other Civ games to Civ III ....AS IT EXISTS NOW.

I still hold out great hopes for an expansion 'gold edition'...
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

If the last 2 voters vote civ3, then it'll have 50% of the vote
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Civ 1, it's the original.
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Civ 3, but CtP 2 with MedPack is great too! Some concepts like Elite units are very well done, and unconventional warfare still great.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

We now have 106 unique voters.

Civ 3, during the first month of its release, was voted the Best Civ Game by less than half of those people.

I feel this is pretty representative of the hardcore community.
                    Of course I still hold out vast hopes that the expansion/gold edition will improve things hugely.
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                    X