Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Do That!

Why woud Firaxis post a "complete" espionage features list, only
    to post a "'complete' complete" espionage features list?

Why do they post totally complete lists for other features but
    post partial features lists other times?

Since the game has gone Gold, I'm assuming that all of the things
    they are posting about the game are complete lists of all the
    things you'll be able to do in the course of normal gameplay.

Is somebody at Firaxis P.R. asleep at the switch?

People make mistakes, son.

Comment

Hmmm. If they playtested the game with the same casual attitude, then the AI is going to be lousy...
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

The people playtesting the game should be able to accurately memorize the rules. I think.
        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

They have communicated the extent of their playtesting. In this case somebody posted 4/6ths of the espionage list by mistake. Maybe they should playtest their posts.

Comment

Re: Don't Do That!

Originally posted by ndnls
            Why woud Firaxis post a "complete" espionage features list, only
            to post a "'complete' complete" espionage features list?
            it's part of the firaxian conspiracy to conquer the world and prepate the planet for the aliens from alpha centauri to colonize it
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
              The people playtesting the game should be able to accurately memorize the rules. I think.
              Since you apparently make no mistakes, maybe you should apply for a job there.
              Or since you have no tolerence for mistakes, maybe you should stay away from humans.

Comment

It was a simple mistake about the espionage mission list not like the omission of MP....
                'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
                  Since you apparently make no mistakes, maybe you should apply for a job there.
                  Or since you have no tolerence for mistakes, maybe you should stay away from humans.
                  Thanks for useful advice, but...

I don´t claim to have invented or playtested CivII, but I still know all the rules without having to look them up in the manual, so is it really demanding too much from the Firaxian PR persons to be accurate with their info?

Comment

Thanks for useful advice, but...

I don´t claim to have invented or playtested CivII, but I still know all the rules without having to look them up in the manual, so is it really demanding too much from the Firaxian PR persons to be accurate with their info?
                    No, it isn't. In this case they goofed on the esp. list and someone says "Don't do that!". Dont make mistakes? I'm sure they're trying to be accurate. To err is human. Do you know what a mistake is? And that they are unavoidable? And that you don't have to remind Firaxis that they should post accurate information?

Comment

i think we should sue avault. they used jeff briggs' photo instead of jeff morris'

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
                        I'm sure they're trying to be accurate. To err is human. Do you know what a mistake is? And that they are unavoidable? And that you don't have to remind Firaxis that they should post accurate information?
                        And that you don´t have to remind me that I don't have to remind Firaxis that they should post accurate information?

Fact is, Dan also got the numbers for the draft wrong and, to get a long story short, his information is very frequently not precisely accurate. I just hope the other playtesters over at Firaxis had less difficulties in actually memorizing the rules...

Comment

I just hope the other playtesters over at Firaxis had less difficulties in actually memorizing the rules...

I agree.

Comment

Fact is, Dan also got the numbers for the draft wrong and, to get a long story short, his information is very frequently not precisely accurate.
                            please be more accurate in your accusations

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              please be more accurate in your accusations
                              I don´t plan to sue Dan , but I definitely do remember his info has been hazy/outright inaccurate much more often than once. You know the forum in and out, so should be able to ascertain that my opinion is not at all unfounded.

Comment

Working...
                              X