Can't log in with Netscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log in with Netscape

Suddenly I cannot log in with my good ol' Netcape 4.6. Whenever I try (for example by clicking control panel) I'm asked my name and password, and it looks like they're accepted, but when I try to do something else that requires me to be logged on (like choosing edit options or something from cp), I'm asked my password again. Posting doesn't seem to work like this, I had this obscure "thread id not found, contact your administrator" message.

IE works fine though.

Same problem - testing
    yada

Comment

Yep it works with IE. That's a relief - I thought I'd got myself banned.
      yada

Comment

I have the same problem, so I use IE for
        Ape's forums.

Shouldn't Markos do something?
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Seneca
          I thought I'd got myself banned.
          Good to know that I'm not the only one.
          I actually thought that Markos was angry
          on me, because of I had tried to start a topic on the
          Apolyton Civil War, and therefore he had
          banned me.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

So...the moral of the story is:

Don't use Netscape!

Comment

I made another thread on this. I am using Mozilla.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Zopper

Don't use Netscape!
                You have to show us the evidence,
                or is that just the same old story,
                "Microsoft is best", but no proof?

You can say what ever you want,
                but I will continue to use good old
                Netscape. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                  You have to show us the evidence,
                  or is that just the same old story,
                  "Microsoft is best", but no proof?

You can say what ever you want,
                  but I will continue to use good old
                  Netscape. That's a fact.
                  ...Isn't this thread the proof that NS is pure sh!te...?

Comment

this post made with netscape 4.71
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

This one made by Netscape 6.1 on windows - but it's not happening for me on Linux.
                      yada

Comment

Originally posted by Seneca
                        This one made by Netscape 6.1 on windows - but it's not happening for me on Linux.
                        AHA! Don't use Linux either!!!

But seriously...this is just a problem with NS 4.6...so one upgrade and all is fixed...right...?

Comment

This post made with Netscape 4.78

But it doesn't mean that the problem is solved, oh no... I just unclicked the "browse board with cookies" option in Apolyton control panel (MarkG, did you have that turned on yourself? If yes, then it's probably something else than just my browser, I'd just like to be sure). It's an ugly workaround, because without cookies I have to type my password for every session in order to see the layout I want, or the latest topics marked red. I want my cookies back...

Comment

Originally posted by Zopper

AHA! Don't use Linux either!!!

But seriously...this is just a problem with NS 4.6...so one upgrade and all is fixed...right...?
                            No - I was posting on NS 6.0 or 6.1 (forget which) at work on Linux. Whereas 6.1 on Windows is fine.

Maybe it's more to do with the configuration of options, either in NS or at Apolyton...

Anyway, I'm becoming dangerously productive at work, so I better be able to post from there soon....
                            yada

Comment

Uuaaah!

Just wrote a longish post, but when I was finished my session id (now stored in the url instead of cookies) had expired. I had to login again after pressing the submit button, and then I got the invalid threadid message again. If it wasn't for my paranoid habit of copying every post I make to the clipboard, I would've lost it. I'm stubbornly not going to switch to IE, so it would be nice to have the cookies fixed sooner or later. Was there some sort of update or change in the board yesterday that may have possibly caused this? I am pretty sure my NS setting haven't changed (after all, they worked fine until yesterday), I am just not getting the cookies anymore. And that's only the Apolyton cookies... other sites that use cookies work fine, and even here I get the hitbox cookies and such...
                              Last edited by Leland; October 17, 2001, 22:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X