No announcement yet.

Big Companies on Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I'll bite. How many from xxxx@purdue.edu?
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

what about .uiuc.edu?

and for amusement... hotmail.com? (you can use scientific notation if you have to)

Comment

8! That's more than I expected, unless it's all me from various computers...

I take it data protection precludes me from asking who?
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Ah - a thought. Of those 8, how many are emma.cam.ac.uk? All of my entries should be of that form.
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
            and for amusement... hotmail.com? (you can use scientific notation if you have to)
            I would guess about 0 x 10 ^ 0. After all the agreement says no free email like hotmail.

But I will bite, anyone else at hope.edu? I would guess not, but maybe one of the females...
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

uiuc.edu : 15
              emma.cam.ac.uk : 0
              hope.edu : 1
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Ahhh, I see how it is!
                Ignore the lowly and concentrate on the Kings' requests... j/k
                Seriously, I'd kinda like to know the number of .purdue.edu ers out there.

Uhhh, Chowlett, we're looking at e-mail addresses, not IPs. Unless you get multiple e-mail addresses...
                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                New faces...Strange places,
                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Yeah, that's what puzzles me. AFAIK, I'm the only cambridge uni poster here, and I didn't register with my uni address. So I'm wondering who the other 8 are. I say again - I gues you can't tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    hope.edu : 1
                    Boy oh boy, what a suprise!

Originally posted by MacTBone
                    Ignore the lowly and concentrate on the Kings' requests... j/k
                    Why else do you think we wasted so much time posting on these forums other than having Markos give us some extra incentives from time to time?
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem

I would guess about 0 x 10 ^ 0. After all the agreement says no free email like hotmail.
                      Pah! Stuff the rules! There´s at least one Hotmail user and he´s never had any problem with it at Apoyton.

So come on with the number of hotmails!
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hotmail and other free web-based services are now allowed (eg Yahoo, etc). I changed my profile email over to hotmail and it worked fine
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

hotmail was the only way i could register, and it worked fine. i know the FAQ still says that they aren't allowed, i posted a thread, but non of the mods/admins answered.

Comment

OK, it's time to clarify the point on free email address use in account profiles here.

When registering for a forum account, the use of free email address is prohibited except under circumstances deemed acceptable to permit an exemption. That reasoning is if the person looking to register access only or only readily to an email account through a free email service provider. To request such an excemption, simply email Markos and myself from the (free) email address account you wish to use and a brief explanation as to why you need to register with it on our forums.

As we have said before, denying people from joining and participating in the discussions on this forum "just because" the use a free email service is not the intention of our policy on this matter nor is this our intention for it to result in practice. Rather, this policy is in place to limit the potential for 'double login'/'spam account' creation that has led to a substantive disruption in the operation of the forums here in the past.

---------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                              Hotmail and other free web-based services are now allowed (eg Yahoo, etc). I changed my profile email over to hotmail and it worked fine
                              Same here...switched when the new boards became active...but I don't know if we should blab this out in public...

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                                When registering for a forum account, the use of free email address is prohibited except under circumstances deemed acceptable to permit an exemption.
                                Well, I registered with my Hotmail address without asking for any exemption.
                                But then again, I registered in 1970, so back then no-one even knew what "spam" was, let alone Hotmail.
                                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                                X