No announcement yet.

SID MEIER On APOLYTON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically Kelley Gilmore dictates who can do what interviews when.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Kelley: My kid loves golf could you make him a golf game?

Sid: Sure Kelley, anything for you.

Kelley: I've taken the privelage of doing an interview in your name with Apolyton.

Sid: Ok sure whatever.

Kelley: Can you run get me a doughnut and coffee deary?

Sid: Oh....

All names in this extract are ficticious and any resemblance to any living or dead person is purely coincidental.
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I don't see why Sid neglects to do an interview for Civ III- I believe this is a bad marketing decision on his part... then again people will buy the game whether or not he hawks civ III, but he "needs" to convince us peons to buy SidGolf when another golf simulation from Activision (I believe), Golf Resort Tycoon, (Which looks EXACTLY like SidGolf) Is alreadly on the market.

Thus, Sid is in a panic to get us to buy SidGolf.

But WHY can he not do an interview about Civ III to bring us, (At least me ) to again like him!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Hey maybe Maxis and EA will cancel the project. We can always hope If you ask me it's a return to Simtown and other Maxis stinkers, like um SimGolf.

I personally think Sid's role in Civ3 is cursory at best, he gets to suggest things; but that's about it. Probably not the best person to interview for it, any way.
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

can we get a bit more support

The Sid deity decides to do an interview for us (a few thousand on this site) and it is about Sim Golf (OK not Civ III... but I guess to get us to buy it, we think that he makes good games, don't we?) and out of 18 comments in this thread 1/2 at least are critics... ah damn... why should he bother to make another interview... because of Dan and Mark? I doubt it. Do we want to listen about Civ III only? I personally don't mind if Sid decided to speak about Sim Golf, nice to get some info from the game designer first hand. (even if it is not Civ III and it is his game too, if Will Wright decided to speak about his next project here I'd like that)

Not that this is not a free world and everyone is entitled to his own opinion... but a first Sid Meier interview for us...

Hope the man decides to do another one here, even god's don't like to be rejected
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Markos, here's 500 € as a delayed birthday gift.
              *gives him 500 €*

Now, Markos - tell us the truth and nothing
              but the truth. Or do you want to loose that "gift"?

What did he tell you about Civ III?

OT: I know that Markos has already responded to
              our demands, but I think he's still hiding something.
              Last edited by Rasbelin; October 7, 2001, 12:37.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                What did he tell you about Civ III?
                havent recieved the € yet
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  havent recieved the € yet
                  Looks like we'll have to wait until 1.1.2002,
                  before you can tell us anything.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Is that what he looks like? I was expecting a long white beard, nicotine-stained fingers and a big bag full of toffees.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It took Firaxis 5 days to make this a news item (and 3 more for me to visit their news page)

But Apolyton is at least named at firaxis.com
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Sid's main role in firaxis has been in the making of simgolf (I'm guessing), so in that sense the interview is appropriate. I can see why some people here are disappointed because Apolyton = civ, not sim.

From the interview, Meier's SimGolf sounds exactly like Molyneux's Theme Park but with a golf theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          It's nice to know that another civ player is hooked on Golf

Comment

(+1)

Comment

Working...
                            X