SID MEIER On APOLYTON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SID MEIER On APOLYTON!

In his first interview to a Civ fan site, <a href="http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews/simgolf_1sidmeier.shtml">Sid Meier talks</a> about his latest "crazy idea", SimGolf.

The... God of game design answers questions on the ideas behind SimGolf, it's strengths and it's goals. Oh, and something about immortality...
    Last edited by MarkG; October 4, 2001, 20:18.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Well, he didn't admit to getting the idea from me...so I lost a lot of respect for the man.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Great !!

The mans a Genuis!!

Now, I know you asked him about Civ3 Mark. Dont hold back on us!

*slips 20$ into marks pocket*

Comment

*slips 20 shekels into MarkG's pocket*

Sorry man, that's all I have.

But give more Civ III info!!

I'm sure you asked, but you're withholding the info until a later time.

I promise to click the banners if you'll publish it now.

Comment

well he confirmed that he plays a lot of simcity and the sims
          and that he admires will wright, and that this is a direction hes excited about. None of which surprises me

what he didnt say is whether the collobiroration with Wright will continue and move on the more "serious" topics - no info on simnation or simsociety or anything else of that ilk.

Interesting nonetheless, even to those of us who will never buy simgolf.

LOTM
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Hmm I guess Sid never heard of the original Sim Golf, or is that completely different?

Anyways It was only about Simgolf, and I've heard most of the stuff he said before.

Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

It's nice to know that another civ player is hooked on Golf

Thanks for getting the interview. I really enjoyed it, and it has convinced me to buy the game when it comes out. But I was hoping it would come out this year (so I could put it my Christmas gift list )
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, for next interview with any Apolyton staff memeber, cuold you ask abut the change in the Firaxis Logo. Why did they feel a need to change it?

But on the aspect of Sim Golf this interview was quite good. (At least I found it interesting. Note: I'm not planning on buing the game)

Comment

*Drops a 20 kg weight on Markos head*

Speak now, or there are a lot more where that came from.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

first interview for a civ fan site.... uuuuu

and a nice one too...

good job Mark, (or is it Ming, Snapcase? )when is the second installment???
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Good interview, but it didn't change my mind about purchasing SimGolf. I won't. First, I know nothing about golf, this could ruin some fun. Second, I'm not that much into Sim games as in Civ or AoE. Third, Civ 3 will come before SimGolf, and I'll play Civ 3 non-stop till summer 2003 .

First interview to a fansite. The invisible Sid . Just why can't he, like Dan Magaha does, post on the forums? Sid? You listen to me now?
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hmmm

Is this the first interview with Sid at Apolyton?

If it is, I must say that it's very in-appropriate. That is unless you guys want to change the name to Apolyton: Simgolf site. Some of the people here might care about Sid's cute little project, but most of us don't. We want to hear about civ3 and why the hell MP isn't included and other things, not hear about what sid's goddam favorite golf course is.

I do wonder if apolyton and sid have a deal going I really do. Why else would apolyton promote a product that has absolutely nothing to do with civilization?

Seriously, why don't you guys start doing coverage on the "Barbie Dress me up" game...it's certainly no further fetched than simgolf
                        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Thanks for getting this interview guys. Nice to hear from Sid on the next game that he has been working on.

Any chance in the future you can interview Sid about what made this site, the Civ series?
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

yes drake, Sid was begging us for years to do an interview on civ games but we kept refusing to do one unless it was through a contract based on the sales for that game. in the end we made a deal for simgolf cause infogrames thought our demands for civ3 where too high(the ea people are really great on the other hand)

thanks to everyone else for the kind words. we have more (civ3) stuff coming up this month
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I don't get it mark.......

Why couldnt you do the interviews? Spell it out for me, I'm kinda slow.
                              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                              X