Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do while waiting for Apolyton pages to load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Father Beast
    some of us have to deal with a 56k modem, and do other stuff, ecept for stefu's unique solution. I'm going to have to try that!
    You've never before?

A month and a half ago (or so) when it was really bad, even the connection at my university (hyper-fast, with very few users in summertime) was taking a minute to open a thread. I usually had 5-6 windows going at once.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I like to keep other web browser windows open while browsing Apolyton, but sometimes the machine hicoughs while loading Apolyton and then scrolling on the other window can cause problems.

Comment

Technically, I have a 56k modem, but it rarely is any faster than 24k. 70 - 100 seconds. Curse you all!
        Talent Optional

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad I moved off to college (too bad, Capitan G ). It's good to be off of that crappy dial-up connection you've got and on to this high speed network.

Comment

Father Beast, et al.:

I like to whine. When that gets boring, I usually start reading a good book, play Civ II or chit-chat on AIM.

CYBERAmazon
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

according to the meter, it took 155 seconds to load the thread, and 24 second to load the reply screen.

I also ran into the scrolling problem while having 2 apolyton pages open. I guess it's back to playing civ for me
              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Geez, I used to complain to have a slow connection.
                Using light and two windows is just OK.
                Also usually I have my ICQ open - just to have with who to talk
                "Respect the gods, but have as little to do with them as possible." - Confucius
                "Give nothing to gods and expect nothing from them." - my motto

Comment

well

i'm an extreme multitasker anyway, so i already will have aim, winamp, and another message board going all at once.
                  "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Working...
                  X