No announcement yet.

Record of Name Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...but the admins do, since that is the only way for a name change now.
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixcager
      ...but the admins do, since that is the only way for a name change now.
      While you are correct that it is the only way a name change occurs... but no, we don't keep track. Why should we? Just extra work. Many of the changes are simple ones like Change from all little letters to the same thing but with a capital letter instead... or I misspelled it, can you correct it... While there have been a few major changes, they are usually done for very good reasons... like Civ3site to big fluffy lion (or something like that) because he no longer hosted a Civ3 site.

As I said before... if some well known poster is changing his name, it is usually obvious. They either put it in their location field or signature (formerly known as), and if not, their style always gives them away in no time. Or, just look through the Apolyton Forum... because that's where most of the requests are in made.

Again... It was nice when the software did all the work... but that's not the case anymore. Now it just means more work, and there are far more important things for people to do then spend their time on keeping track of name changes, and then posting them
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

there are far more important things for people to do then spend their time on keeping track of name changes, and then posting them
        like adding stefu's smilies?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          like adding stefu's smilies?
          YOU BET... some of the most worthwhile work done on the site
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

and discussing/debating where civ2 MPers should post threads about civ3MP
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

It looks like the occassional Apolytoner is doomed to ignorance - maybe there ought still to be a "welcome back" portal to ease the community re-integration process.

Comment

My name change was never recorded.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Don't I know? Since you kept dropping hints about being someone else before, I actually went through the trouble of looking up the name change thread.
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X