Record of Name Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record of Name Changes

From someone absent from ACS for a while (6 months is a long time in the ether), what's happened to the handy list of name changes that use to be here? Can't keep up with who used to be whom these days.

I was complaining about the same thing a few weeks ago, but the mods didn't even post a reply to my thread!
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Sorry for not addressing this sooner, but is this something that people really want? Looking for input -- please send myself, MarkG, Ming and MtG an PM (private message) if you are.

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

you can find the old thread in this forum if you do a search.

beyond that, since may there have been very few changes, so...
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Thats probably because you need a mod to change your name these days.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Mark has summed it up pretty well...
            There have been so very few changes in names since the change over. Where as before, there were MANY changes a week, now...

If a high post poster changes his name, it is usually very obvious to people who he really is anyway
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming, I reckon you should change your name in order to knock your "enemies" off guard. That just wouldn't expect you to turn up and say "Case Closed" with, say, the username "SuperFluffy Bunny".
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

... Although not many people are doing namechanges nowadays- the feature would be nice to have.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

So, if there are so little anyway, why not catch up on all the name changes that have taken place since the last report, right in this thread?!
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

But has anyone been keeping track of the name changes? I don't know if vBulletin automatically keeps track of any changes of username.

Comment

But where is the last name change thread?

I couldn't find it...
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                        But where is the last name change thread?

I couldn't find it...
                        You just had to look harder

It was on page 24 or 25

And as far as I know, the new software doesn't keep track of name changes, because we do them manually. (correct me if I'm wrong Mark) and we aren't keeping a master list either.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks

That was interesting

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            And as far as I know, the new software doesn't keep track of name changes, because we do them manually. (correct me if I'm wrong Mark)
                            not it doesnt keep track....
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

not it doesnt keep track....
                              I guess that ends that then.

Comment

Working...
                              X