No announcement yet.

Server too busy & Error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you aren't getting any more bribes from Activision...

Oh well...I'll have to stalk you at the Admin sites to find out the answer to my question...

Comment

Originally posted by GP
      Sounds like you aren't getting any more bribes from Activision...
      yeah the contract with activision ended, and sid is having us do all kinds of weird things before signing the extension of the old contract we did back in the smac days....
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Can you get Dan to lighten up? I think you handle me better than he does.

I've been trying to work my magic on him...but he still resists my sneaky funposts...

Oh...BTW, I've been researching/stalking you. Some interesting stuff...

Comment

Mark, you fixed it.

Still some questions: Why did you add that scrip? Couldn't you just only add an empty function?
          Can you add the styles that fix the fonts and/or the basefont-tag to get it look as the rest of the forum. The light redirection page look better then the default
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            Still some questions: Why did you add that scrip? Couldn't you just only add an empty function?
            at that time, that seemed the sollution that would most possibly solve the problem
            Can you add the styles that fix the fonts and/or the basefont-tag to get it look as the rest of the forum. The light redirection page look better then the default
            actually, i'm going to be changing that page on the light style. there's no reason for a redirection page to look nice and it saves bandwidth....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              actually, i'm going to be changing that page on the light style. there's no reason for a redirection page to look nice and it saves bandwidth....
              Noooooooo!
              Just a leave the BASEFONT TAG.

Comment

i just got this when trying to access a thread...

In the SMAC forum, with very few replies and views.
                Attached Files
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It has nothing to do with what thread you try to view, it has to do with the number of pages that may be generated by the server at the same time. (I think it is limited to 150, but only MarkG (and possible DanQ) know if I'm right).

Comment

the server busy messages comes up when the load of the server is too high. this is not directly associated with the number of people on the forums(obviously it also has to do with how many requests to the server each user does, and it also has to do with all the other gamestats affiliate site that are on the server)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      magic

the ceremony included sacrificing several ctp2 boxes in the name of Sid....
                      sounds more like a pact with the devil if the game is really as bad as everyone says it is

Comment

It seems ironic that the ads load just fine when we get the server busy message.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                          It seems ironic that the ads load just fine when we get the server busy message.
                          Well, we still have no ads on the redirection pages

Comment

Working...
                          X