Server too busy & Error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server too busy & Error message

1) Is this due to the incident and the furious pace of post in the OT? Or is it indicative of another problem?

2) Also every time I post I get

Error

Runtime error has occured.
    Do you wish to debug?

Line: 10
    Error: Object expected.
    What do I need to download for IE to resolve this problem?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Re: Server too busy & Error message

Originally posted by Big Crunch
    1) Is this due to the incident and the furious pace of post in the OT? Or is it indicative of another problem?
    it's due to the increased traffic. we broke our concurrent users record about 20 minutes ago. if you get it, wait a few seconds and reload. if you have many windows with apolyton open, dont reload them all together

2) Also every time I post I get
    i'll look into it
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

i dont seem to able to get the error

you can try going to
      tools -> internet options -> advanced and checking the "disable script debuging" option

Comment

#2 does not exist in the light style. I posted about it before, but I first experienced it while rating, so I posted it as an error while rating threads or something similar to that.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i'm using the default style now and dont get the error

Comment

I thought it might have been a new feature of the site that my old browser didn't like. Turns out just to be classic M$.

Is it a script error then? Or just a feature that my browser can't "comprehend"?
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
              Is it a script error then? Or just a feature that my browser can't "comprehend"?
              it sounds like a javascript error, but i dont get it....

i have ie5...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                i'm using the default style now and dont get the error
                It is because you are curing the symptom, not the problem (not showing script errors.) And it is the wrong font in that page in Default too. Light uses the same as the rest of the forum, but Default uses Times New Roman (or look alike)

Comment

It is the [COLOR={qcolor}]onLoad="show_loading_time()"[/COLOR] function that is being called in the body tag, but not exist in the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    It is the onLoad="show_loading_time()" function that is being called in the body tag, but not exist in the page.
                    if the function doesnt exist, how is it possible to be working (7.9secs to load this page)?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      if the function doesnt exist, how is it possible to be working (7.9secs to load this page)?
                      It does not exist on the page that redirects you to your post. And it is in that page the error is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                        It does not exist on the page that redirects you to your post. And it is in that page the error is.
                        ah, didnt see it. i thought you mean that it was in all pages

Comment

Just to say that Poly has been fast for me recently, and even tonight with so many people one it was birlliant.

I only got that server busy message once.

It is excellent that you ahve sorted those server problems
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Could we get a debrief on what was done to the servers? obviously more than just the RAM...since the problem persisted after the RAM was added but now seems to be pretty much fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                              Could we get a debrief on what was done to the servers?
                              magic

the ceremony included sacrificing several ctp2 boxes in the name of Sid....

Comment

Working...
                              X