No announcement yet.

FORUMS UPGRADED (v2.0.3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er, no, that was not what I meant. You mean that when you type "(linkcolor)" but in Set Brackets it converts it to a Hexadecimal number?
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      I just noticed that you have changed the maximum Poll options to 16. Was that with the upgrade, or did you do it before?
      it's just a one of the settings. it existed before the upgrade as well. i was just checking a the coupld new admin settings and saw that, thought we'll surely need to make a "best civ in civ3" poll, so.... 16
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
        Er, no, that was not what I meant. You mean that when you type "(linkcolor)" but in Set Brackets it converts it to a Hexadecimal number?
        I don't understand that sentence. Can you take it in Swedish? ­
        What about {linkcolor#125; turning into {linkcolor}? Has that to do with me?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          we'll surely need to make a "best civ in civ3" poll, so.... 16
          We had the Most Deserving civ, and a mod Edited that to contain 16 options before. (But editing polls as fast they are about what civ is that must get boring. It was a good change. (Now I only need to find a good poll-topic for 16 options ))

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            no, it's pretty slow due to the extreme number of queries it must make in order to "locate" everyone

i have limited it to show only the last 20 people and might take it off it loads up the server on peak hours
            I guess that's not the reason why it is pritty slow since the upgrade to vBulletin Version 2.0.0 Apolyton is pretty slow. OK for now it is OK. And before the upgrade to vBulletin Version 2.0.0 there was also such a feature without any limitations and any speed problems. For me it is not much worth if it can show all current users in an acceptable time.

A second issure: As I try to post here I saw this line under the post reply page:

This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review to review the whole thread.

Where should I click??? Unfortunatly the "here" has the same color as the rest of the text in CTP2 default style in Netscape 4.5. So far as I know it was blue.

But here is the really important matter:

Instead of a forum update I expected a Apolyton CTP2 DataBase Update, because you ask what is missing from the DataBase and you got some answers
            , so now we expect a reply from you: A CTP2 DataBase Update

I know I am impatient, but that is no miracle, as I am waiting to see this update four three or four month. Or should we put tha name Apolyton in our mods to get them posted here? And why we didn't get a new DataBase manager here although there are voluntiers?

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

a refund for the rest of your subscription has just been mailed martin....

Comment

"Who's Online"

Limiting the number of people showing up on the "Who's Online" feature doesn't work. It shows the whereabouts of the first twenty people alphabetically... at least it does on mine.

Hence no-one with a username starting with "E" or below appears...
                Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Re: "Who's Online"

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                  Hence no-one with a username starting with "E" or below appears...
                  yeah i know...
                  the limit was added quickly to avoid the worse and see how things go
                  well, the server is still up
                  i'll be adding some code so that you're able to see the rest(separated in pages)

Comment

a refund for the rest of your subscription has just been mailed martin....
                    ???? Explain

Is it as fast as the Apolyton CS Forums Mailer? I can't remember that I disabled the email notification about new posts in threads in that I allready posted. Fact is that since my last visit three new posts are in this thread and I gottn't any email notification about it.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I´m not sure if this has anything to do with the forum upgrade, but anyway... I just tried to change my avatar, and I couldn´t pick a custom one! Have the rules for custom avatars changed? In the info about avatars I see I must have at least 500 posts... I thought you could also have a custom avatar if you were registered for more than x months or so??? Or at least, that must have been the case, otherwise I wouldn´t have been able to have a custom avatar at all.
                      I am near the 500 post mark, but considering that I´ve been registered here for something close to 3 years, it may take a while before I get there ( unless I can get the 30-something posts back that mysteriously vanished somewhere in my first Apolyton year )
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

???? Explain

Is it as fast as the Apolyton CS Forums Mailer? I can't remember that I disabled the email notification about new posts in threads in that I allready posted. Fact is that since my last visit three new posts are in this thread and I gottn't any email notification about it.

-Martin
                        There is currently an error in the send mail program (Shown in the top when you post in a thread that someone subscribes for)

Comment

Does this has something to do with the speed change?

I noticed that the forums are quicker to respond, and much quicker to build .

Comment

What if, for the "Where are you" feature... we enter the page and then can select what number of people we want to see, or if we can click on someone's name then observe exactly where that poster is, and no other?
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                              What if, for the "Where are you" feature... we enter the page and then can select what number of people we want to see, or if we can click on someone's name then observe exactly where that poster is, and no other?
                              i was actually thinking of being able to see only the people in your buddy list....

Comment

Still no sight of black page numbers. Can I have them back?

Comment

Working...
                                X