Why when I'm reading Apolyton threads- there is the clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why when I'm reading Apolyton threads- there is the clicking noise

very freaking annoying. it is even doing it as I write this thread.

You know in IE 5.5 the explorer will make a click when it loads a new page. I am getting that clicking at Apolyton even when I'm not loading a different page.

Please make it stop!! Driving me crazy. I can't even concentrate on writing this thread because of the clicking. Yes I know I can turn the sound off, but I really don't want to do that. Plus the screen flashes like it is refreshing. Is there some auto refresh thing I don't know about?

Yes, I'm also getting that click. Is it related to the monkey add, or just a bug?
    "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Yes, I've noticed it, too. It is sort of annoying.

Comment

Go into your control panel and click Sounds.

On my computer, those sounds are called "Start navigation" and "End navigation". Change them/remove them.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

well that works for now

but why is it starting navigation so much if I'm not actually clicking on anything?

Comment

Probably has to do with the few ad servers that are being connected to.

Either that or the iframes or something.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I get it too.

I see it reloading.

Comment

I can't believe that I am agreeing with bob about anything but

me to.

What is it reloading? Can anyone say?
                (+1)

Comment

Yes, very annoying indeed. Not just the sounds, but simply the fact it´s constantly reloading at all.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

It's the pop-up

Comment

What pop-up?
                      It must be the banners.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I think that the ad server is continuously refreshing the banners... can it be?
                        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Its Lefty's Remote Monitoring Oriface keeping track of your activity.
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

It is (AGAIN) the infamous shock the monkey add, this time reloading every 15 seconds.
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Bloody Monkey
                              (+1)

Comment

Working...
                              X