How do these titles work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do these titles work?

I can see some people labeled as kings, others are warlords, etc. I guess the more grand the title, the higher ranked the poster, but how does this system work?

Do any "special powers" come from being ranked highly?

(BTW, if this is in the wrong place, you can move it!)

Also, how do I get a nice little picture next to my name?
    Anything so long as it takes the piss out of the idiotic Americans. :D

You should read the FAQ point XVIII) What's these titles under each poster's login? And why some posters have special status?.
    Each poster has a status shown under his username. That is depended by his post count, like this:
    Settler 1-30
    Chieftain 31-100
    Warlord 101-300
    Prince 301-1000
    King 1001-3000
    Emperor 3001-10000
    Deity 10001+
    Note: this system is not intended to rank people in any way. It is only meant to give a "civish" modd on the forums. A few, specific, special posters have their own status so that they are easily recognized. For example Brian Reynolds has a "Big Huge Games President" status.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Re: How do these titles work?

Sorry for not reading the entire post
      I missed you second question, just read the title and the first paragraph.

Originally posted by Ozmodia
      No, but when you have 500 posts (or after 6 months of membership) you may choose a custom Avatar (see the last answer).
      (BTW, if this is in the wrong place, you can move it!)
      No it is the right place.
      Also, how do I get a nice little picture next to my name?
      You can set an Avatar in the control panel in the edit options section. In the bottom of the page there is an Avatar section, that is where you change it.
      Until you have more then 500 posts you can choose between some preset avatars. After that you may also have a custom Avatar.

see more info on Avatars for a list over the Avatars.

Comment

You missed out:

20,000+ post. OFFICIAL APOLYTON SPAMMASTER EXTRAORDINAIRE.

There is currently a race for this position, however PH has suffered a few set-backs in his quest for the Holy Cherryade Grail. Ming is odds on favourite, plus he can pull the plug on anyone about to steal his title if things get hairy..

Plus posts don't tally in the Off-Topic. It's s'posed to stop spam or something....
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

There are also some special titles. Currently wearing these are:

MarkG: Co-Owner/Administrator
          DanQ: Co-Owner/Administrator

Ming: OT/Civ2 forum Moderator
          Solver: CtP/SMAC PBEM ladder admin and Interviews Chief
          Snapcase: News Editor
          Imran Siddiqui: News Editor

loads of Firaxis/BigHugeGames/Activision dudes have underlined titles too.

...and after long discussion, my title was fixed at Prince for reasons too lengthy to discuss here.

Also, female posters can have titles changed to feminines on request, ie. Princess, Queen, Empress. (no-one wants Warlady for some reason )
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Titles? I don't need no stinkin titles!

The titles are just to show who works on the site, and who posts alot.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

The other one to add is that Stormhound has a MOO3 Developer tag because he works for Quicksilver.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Can I have a nice little picture of my own without having to make that many posts? Not even if I ask REALLY nicely?

Oh . . . there isn't a :fluttereyelids: smilie!
                Anything so long as it takes the piss out of the idiotic Americans. :D

Comment

Can I have a nice little picture of my own without having to make that many posts? Not even if I ask REALLY nicely?

Oh . . . there isn't a :fluttereyelids: smilie!
                  No, (Not unless you know a mod that can do it for you without losing his mod status (They can force you to use an Avatar, and you can't change it ))

You can always ask Stefu to make that Smilie.

Comment

Re: How do these titles work?

Not necessarily...but spamming powers are always handy

+1

Comment

I wish we did...... At this rate, I'll get to Emperor before Christmas!
                      *grumbles about work*

Comment

I wish we did...... At this rate, I'll get to Emperor before Christmas!

Ask MarkG, he may get you the title as a Christmas present.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Although the MarkGs and DanQs are supposed to be the powers around this place, don't underestimate the power of the login 'Sid Meier FIRAXIS'. Mess with him and you are dirt, dead, obliterated, an outcast from the civ world, destined to walk the wilderness that is 'first person shooters' for the rest of your days
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Welcome Ozmodia... by any chance are you from CGN?
                            We had a... ah... poster of that name for a short time

I would prefer either: a Perpetual Prince title like Wombat's or a title such as "Apolyton Compiler of Lists" for a christmas gift!
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Why bother? I could ask for a birthday present and get it before next week. Joking Mark/Dan, just joking.... I'll post my way up.....
                              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                              X