X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninny Man Jr's Summer "Vacation"

The truth shall set us free

ADDED AFTER THE FACT:
    So much for the truth... In reality, Ninny Man Jr. was using a fake Chris Wilkinson email address... so we were suckered into blaming Chris... Our mistake. That has now been corrected.

Ninny Man Jr. has been given a 4 week vacation for his long list of DL's... he also got a 100% post count reduction

Following is the cast of characters you will no longer be seeing gracing the forums of Apolyton:

Johnny Flashman
    Darth Clown
    Ed Winchester
    Marvin
    The Diva
    Mr Writer

So enjoy your vacation Pedro... you certainly earned it
    Last edited by Ming; August 30, 2001, 16:25.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

You spelt Ninny wrong

Anyway, that wasn't too much of a surprise, considering the polls of today, but the 100% PCR was. Which account will be re-activated in two weeks?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

While we have been "suspicious" for a long time... yes, the multiple threads today provided the final information we needed to shut down ALL the DL's.

and yeah, I left out the I
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

This is the end, my only friend, the end...

So this means we don't have to read the annoying third person posts of "the Flashman"?

I guess he didn't use his other DL here, "Pedro Lopez".

So long Flashman, the Ming says he got ya!
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Okay, all fine and dandy with me... but why is there a thread to announce this banning and pcr when other bannings and punishments are performed "in the dark" so to speak?

Over time, several posters have advocated in favour of announcements when posters are banned, but the mods and admins have resisted. Then why is this case special?

Will we have announcements on this from now on?

Comment

Well Winston... it depends on the situation. Usually, if we are just giving a single poster a vacation, there is no need to really say anything. Unless there is a specific reason to bring it to the attention of other members, we don't.

Obviously, this is a bigger deal since multiple high visibility log ons are involved. So... a thread was posted.

We will continue to look at each case on an individual basis.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

the real reason is that whenever ming bans someone he wants to tell the whole world about it! usually i talk him out of it, but this time he was very fast!

at least i convinced him to delete the photo of him next to the monitor showing the forum administration area with the big "BAN" button(we like to avoid any security details to leak out)

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

ROTFLMAO
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

LOL Markos!

So did Chris get to choose which poster he selected to keep?

And why 100% pcr, just because the dls were so annoying and trolling?
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

At least i convinced him to delete the photo of him next to the monitor showing the forum administration area with the big "BAN" button(we like to avoid any security details to leak out)

Feel the power...
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

EDITED after reading Ming's corrections. Glad to confirm I was not wrong
                      Last edited by Jay Bee; August 30, 2001, 17:25.

Comment

Why can't I have a 100% PCR?

My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
                        from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
                        --MarkG

and by MikeH
                        she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

Because you're you, and because you want one.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                            I'm a bit surprised... ChrisW was a very nice/entertaining poster at the Spanish Civ Site forum.... plus he was about to join a PBEM. After this ban I'm glad he didn't
                            Hmm, I seemed to have mentioned something along these lines to you...

PS. Chris62, you finally saw the light, uh?
                            I knew you would get that title, I put it there for you.
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Ming, I am going to send you a private message, but Chris Wilkinson has nothing to do with this; him and Ninny Man Jr. go to the same college...and Chris Wilkinson has been away for quite some time and only recently returned; ask me, Mark13, Reismark, we will all testify...Chris Wilkinson should be unbanned.

I have been informed by Ninny Man Jr. that Chris has been implicated by a false email address used by Ninny Man Jr.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X