which is better? half-life or civ 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is better? half-life or civ 1?

A lot of you people are worrying about the petty differences between civilization 2 (or 3) and CtP2. You people are missing the bigger picture. Can Civ 1 hold its own against a similar title such as half-life?

i, for one, can't believe your narrow-mindedness. just because half-life doesn't have "cities" or "civilizations" or even a single similar concept doesn't mean that we can't argue, bicker, or hurl insults at each other until we decide which game is better.

so i want to see you people out there duking it out, and decide which game holds the title of "The Ultimate Turn-Based Strategy Game."
    Retired, and it feels so good!

From now on, threads that discuss more than one civ game should be posted on the Apolyton/Community forum
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      From now on, threads that discuss more than one civ game should be posted on the Apolyton/Community forum
      Why the Apolyton/Community forum?
      (Care to explain, THX)
      I would vote for other games.

I can live with this rule, but to me Apolyton/community forum as a comparingforum just doesn't sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeje2
        Why the Apolyton/Community forum?
        (Care to explain, THX)
        I would vote for other games.
        other games is for non-civ games. generic civ discussion goes to the Community forum....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Are you talking about the most famous half-life? The first person shooter/exploration game? I assume not.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ehhhmmm...Could you please explain this!

so i want to see you people out there duking it out, and decide which game holds the title of "The Ultimate Turn-Based Strategy Game."
            What the **** has Half-Life to do with TBS. AFAIK the only "point" in HL is to shoot of the heads of the enemies in a first person view
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I must say, I was rather confused when I saw this thread`s title.

And after reading it, I`m still confused.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I played TFC until 6 am yesterday...

I played civ 1, and civ II, many times that long into the night. Even a few times SMAC or CTP.

So I guess we cannot argue.

Both games are all-time classics.

There is no such ting as the best game.

Civ vs HL = draw (just depends on the mood and timing)
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Uhm...not comparable...

Comment

Those two games are not compareable, but still if I had to choose from playing HL and Civ1 there's no doubt I'll choose Civ1 as the ultimate winner here!

Comment

Sorry guys, i was just trying to make a point to everyone debating about ctp and civ. IMHO, ctp doesn't even come close to being a real game, and has no right to be mentioned in the same breath as civ.

Half-life, instead of ctp, is still more like fair game, considering that it, like civ, was actually finished when it was released, and that ctp is a flaming bag of dog ****.
                      Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock
                        Half-life, instead of ctp, is still more like fair game, considering that it, like civ, was actually finished when it was released, and that ctp is a flaming bag of dog ****.
                        Finnished, well they only finnished by making the game playable, but they forgot to make it enjoyable, don't get me wrong, I like fps, but they need a catching story to make it interesting to play more than 5 mins at a time

Comment

What's better: Bicycles or the color orange?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                            Orange Bicycles

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                              that is exactly what he is trying to say. you can't compare half-life and civ anymore then you can compare ctp and civ.
                              "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

Working...
                              X