Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton, after Civilization? Will there be one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton, after Civilization? Will there be one?

Well, face it Mark, Civilization isnt going to be around forever you know .....

So whats the contingency plan, if any ..

I think that's a case of "Cross that bridge when we come to it".

Civ won't age and there will always be future clones of the game. Civ 12 will probably be the zenith edition though.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

What if Civ3 is a bust Then that is caput for sid and his crew.

Activsion isnt going to venture into an further after crashing and burning CTP2

Comment

well, there is always aoe.... or quake
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hm. Post-civilization Apolyton might be interesting.

"Me Ug. Me think me tribe Gog best."
          "Me Dak. Me think Gog tribe poop."

"Stone god the best. Worship stone god."
          "Stone god not exist. Sun god exist. Ug kill all believe in stone god."

"Ug think tribe control all spears."
          "Ug communist. Ug want tyrannical authoritarian tribe. Ug want mass-murder people like Stalin and Hitler. You take spear of Dak from cold dead hands of Dak!"

"Twug discover fire. Fire good."
          "Ug think fire discovery of capitalist oppressor. Ug await inevitability of revolution of proletariat against their imperialist oppressor."
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

stefu

Well, face it Mark, Civilization isnt going to be around forever you know

Neither are we...in any event, maybe apolyton would become a franchise. you'd have an apolytonQuake, an apolytonNews, etc, etc, until eventually they had an 'ultimate' prefix in front of everything.

Comment

ApolyMax, the news site
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                ApolyMax, the news site
                OT is pretty darn popular here......I have got people at newsmax to come here before... Sort of like advertising...

Hey, wait, should I get a paycheck for that mark ?

Great IDEA, for each 10 members we register we get 50 bonez (dollars)

*gets ready to make 10 DL's*

Comment

Hey, wait, should I get a paycheck for that mark?

yes, in doing so you earned him a lot of money

think about it..

apolymax
                  apolysports
                  apolyquake
                  apolybook
                  apolyfishing
                  apolycooking
                  apolypolice
                  apolywear

now that's a moneymaker. Lookout CNN

Comment

Dont forget ApolySex.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

or apolyspam, for those interested.

Comment

Even if Civ 3 is the last civ game released, people will only stop playing it around 2006 or so, we shouldn't think about it now.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                          Dont forget ApolySex.
                          If I thought I would get away with it, this would be an ideal opportunity to make even closer to unacceptable ApolyFranchises, but just think of the extra revenue that could come from "Our words are backed with... Chasey Lane!"

*must... not... make... bannable... remark...*
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                            *must... not... make... bannable... remark...*
                            Go for a PCR remark, that way you can stay Prince a bit longer, as you so dearly want o to.

now that's a moneymaker. Lookout CNN

Currently Apolyton makes very little money, in the future it will have global franchises.

Mark, can I buy some cheap shares in the Apolyton "company" now, so that I will be a billionaire when the expansion happens.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

ROTFLMAO

Saddam: Thx for the laughter, ... needed it

Buring Civ before Civ3 is released, you must be joking? Right?
                              I woder if Sid Meier would have got a dollar (USD) each time someone asked about this - would he be the richest man alive today?

And what if the official Civ's end?
                              Right now there are several "freeciv's" in the coming, etc.

So thanks for the laughter, but wake up will ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X