Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton, after Civilization? Will there be one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someday this site will close. Maybe the owners will loose interest and sell it.

Comment

And today, 3 hot wet teens wearing Sid Meier masks!
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Saddam:

You're worrying when there is no need to worry at all. After <I>Civilization III</I>, who knows what will be around the corner next? An expansion pack for the game? <I>Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri II</I>? In addition, the current community is strong and continuing to grow.

In short: all is well and the future looks bright.

----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Well, Dan you guys could probably milk Civ2 for a few more years

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Even if Civ 3 is the last civ game released, people will only stop playing it around 2006 or so, we shouldn't think about it now.
            I won't stop play it that early. I still play Civ I, and it is over 5 years old.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Civ I is well over 5 years old. IIRC, Civ 2 is 5 years old.

And when there is no Civ to speak of, I`m sure Apolyton will have the good sense to cover a game everyone should like: Steel Panthers: World at War!
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

And today, 3 hot wet teens wearing Sid Meier masks!
                Talk about mixed signals!
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Dan, I thought info about upcoming SMAC 2 is still confidential .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                    After <I>Civilization III</I>, who knows what will be around the corner next? An expansion pack for the game? <I>Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri II</I>?
                    CTP3?

oops...

*ducks rotten tomatoes flying towards head*
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Come on

Civ is here to STAY.

Forever, even after Mark dies, his grandchildren will continue to run this site...
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                        Forever, even after Mark dies, his grandchildren will continue to run this site...
                        Well OneFootInTheGrave, your quite an optimist by suggesting MarkG having grandchildren someday

Sorry MarkG, I just couldn't resist the temptation... LOL
                        (A bait this good somes rarely. Sorry)

Comment

Jeje2, prepare to be :banned:
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The <I>Civilization</I> and related series' aren't going anywhere. Yes, some of the titles are dated but they are still very popular (e.g. CivII). And yes, there are new titles on the horizon (e.g. CivIII).

Stop worrying... besides, what do you think you're doing in this thread? Shouldn't you be discussing CivIII et. al this very instant? Go, go, go!

---------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                            X