Apolyton at Web Directories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton at Web Directories?

I just read about a new cool web directory called www.JoeAnt.com .

It's new, and it has open jobs for editors. I browsed it a bit, and naturally though about checking what it has, and whether it has Apolyton. It doesn't. I thought about adding it and then decided not to, since you'd do it better.

And I began thinking in general, are you around in Yahoo, Open Directory Project, JoeAnt, Oingo..??

Your placing is rather good in google. How did you manage that?

Re: Engines

They're in all the major ones: yahoo, altavista (however much I hate it), and lycos, to name a few. If new users want to find a civ site, they'll get it.

Comment

kind of irrelavant, but i'm always amazed when i see in our stats that one of the words that people use in search engines to find us is "apolyton"

on the subject, the directory listing on yahoo is one of biggest refferers, and i think we are in the open directory as well. the same goes for altavista, google, etc...
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

But how the hell do you get so good?

How is it that if I search civ i get you in the top places?

Comment

Google lists sites according to popularity. That is, the more references to a site, the higher the site will appear on the list. Furthermore, the better the referrers are, the more those links will count. Since Apolyton is a big site, linked to by practically every personal civ page, larger civ community, gaming community etc. Apolyton appears high on their list.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

In fact, type "Civilization" into Google and click "I'm feeling lucky"...
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
            X