No announcement yet.

The Apolyton 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I'm through laughing at Rah's profile, here are the changes on mine.

You printed:
    01. Ming
    Former Usernames: (none known)
    Famous DL's: (none known)
    Age Group: 30-60
    Nationality: American
    Lives: Chicago, Illinois, America
    Had/Has A Website: ?
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III, OT Moderation

The truth
    01. Ming
    Former Usernames: (none)
    Age Group: 47 in October
    Nationality: American (While I'm an American, it depends on what you mean. Like rah, I'm german/italian/irish
    Lives: Chicago, Illinois, America
    Registered: Registered originally at the Original Greek Site... and just continued at Apolyton when the merger occured.
    Had/Has A Website: NO
    Contribution to Apolyton: Put together the list of Cheats for the Official Civ III List, OT and Civ Forums Moderator, and First person to make Deity

As far as the rest, almost on track. But I am not semi retired as a moderator. I'm still as active as usual, and deserve the title I have. I just now have more help
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      Former Usernames: (none)
      Fair enough...
      but what is this...
      The Great Ming, moderator of all that is good and proper, not denying the possibility of a famous DL? wow.

(Yeah, it could have been a careless thing left in from DarkCloud's post, but why waste this opportunity )
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Chris, I searched for the word "liar" on this page, on the only results I got was in Stefu’s post and yours.
        Something that might resemble it is “he claims to have served in the army for 3-5 years.” which rather indicates his uncertainty than anything else. (and it wasn’t far off mark either)
        And regarding his “spammer” comment, remember that there’s no good definition for the word “spam”. Some people consider all short or silly posts to be spam, so you can’t tell whether he was trying to be degrading.

There were a 100 people on that list and half of them have info that's wrong, (he said I accomplished much here for chrissake) so at the very least you shouldn't take this so personal.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
          Chris, I searched for the word "liar" on this page, on the only results I got was in Stefu’s post and yours.
          Something that might resemble it is “he claims to have served in the army for 3-5 years.” which rather indicates his uncertainty than anything else. (and it wasn’t far off mark either)
          And regarding his “spammer” comment, remember that there’s no good definition for the word “spam”. Some people consider all short or silly posts to be spam, so you can’t tell whether he was trying to be degrading.

There were a 100 people on that list and half of them have info that's wrong, (he said I accomplished much here for chrissake) so at the very least you shouldn't take this so personal.
          In my world, I don't make comments about people I don't know.

Add to it, he reprinted my bio directly under his insulting remarks.

No sir, that is a personal attack, and it got the answer it deserved.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I commend you...what do the numbers in parenthesis mean?
            Thank you SuperSneak, the numbers were a left over from my counting of the On-Topic post changes.

How did you come to your ranking conclusions, etc?
            The rankings were done from an old #of posts article... Some positions have changed and TheBirdMan and others have supplanted some members on the top 100 #of posters.

I sense a future statistician or historian in our midst...you've got a real talent.
            Thank you. I remember many historical facts very easily.

I'll get to the others later, I'll answer them offline and post them later, thank you for the many comments

-NubeOscura

PS: I did scan the messages and I apologize if some things were wrong. Mostly I just posted what I remembered about people, sometimes it wasnt right, sometimes it was what other people said about them.

And one or two were a joke... This brings to mind- seach for CivNation in the above posts

Sometimes I looked at old threads... But I didn't have time to do that often.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Chris- I'll answer the other stuff you wrote later... but

"claims to"- this meant that I was not sure you served in the army.

How do I know what you do in real life?
              How do you know what I do in real life?

I didn't mean to insult you.
              I believe I put "claims to" for a few other people, such as Starchild, because I know people said stuff about him and he said things that may have been just 'jokes'.

Frankly, until you said you were over 30 I never knew you were, someone said you were under 20. Thus, I was not sure if you really could have served in the army- sometimes people who are just 'joking' make up lies and then contradict themselves (AKA Civnation)

I apologize if I insulted you in that way.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

it's a nice list really but...

Hey DC, what's this thanks towards me anyway? What did I do to help you in accomplishing these shambles of factual errors?
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

The rankings were done from an old #of posts article... Some positions have changed and TheBirdMan and others have supplanted some members on the top 100 #of posters.

Ya I got supplanted.
                  Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Wow, this is quite an impressive list! I just thought I would take the opportunity to clarify a few points in my listing (#29):

<U>Nationality</U>: Canadian
                    <U>Lives</U>: Canada
                    <U>Registered</U>: 2nd To Register

I enjoyed reading my dossier (description ). I hope that you keep this list up to date, DarkCloud -- I'm certain it was a massive undertaking.

----------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Mleonard
                      Former Usernames: (none known)
                      Age Group: 16
                      Nationality: ?
                      Lives: America
                      Had/Has A Website: ?
                      Contribution to Apolyton: Besides being a moderator, not too much, he hasn't been posting much on the forums recently.

Description:
                      Again, he is a OTF moderator, not exactly sure whos leg he had to hump to get that position..... he is a real lover of music, both playing and listening, he knows how to play instruments that I didn't even know existed. A really nice guy, although he does have his share of problems which are relatively standard for guys his age.
                      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

DC,

1. I bumped the age FAQ, since it is the best source of ages.

2. I recommend listing brithdates vice ages in your list (doesn't become superceded.

3. I have taked two several-month voluntary bannings. Outside of these times I've been a very frequent poster (to explain the sudden jump in # of posts.) I'm primarily an OT guy.

Comment

WHY do you do it DarkCloud?

Originally posted by SuperSneak

that is an amazing and prodigious amount of work.
                          No its not - its mental

And entry is wrong in 3 ways - but I'm not telling ya how
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Hey Cav, why are you using Eli's avatar? It's confusing if you two have the same thing. I see that tin and I think Eli...

Comment

it's Giannopoulos!!!

keep it up DC
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

100. Rasputin Actually much higher now
                                Former Usernames: (none known) Originally Rasputin00, no big deal
                                Former Titles: (none known)
                                Famous DL's?: (none known)
                                Age Group: ? 35
                                Nationality: ? English
                                Lives: ? Australia
                                Had/Has A Website: ? Yes , but not for myself
                                Contribution to Apolyton: Spam. Civ II/III sections. MP Diplomacy skills !! and one of the few to beat Eyes of Night

Description:
                                Rasputin's past history is not well known. came to apolyton from THE ZONE in May 1999 looking for players of Civ 2 MPGE. Found a bunch of Aussies in Civ 2 MP section and stayed.However Rasputin is currently spamming the Civ II and III sections with useful and useless ideas. Spam is in hte eye of the beholder
                                He also posts heavily in the Off-Topic and Apolyton/Community sections. I wouldnt say i post heavily in Off-Topic , I rarely go there unless I completely bored
                                To "Pull a Rasputin" is to make 200 posts in one day or 1000 posts in a month even after a 300 PCR. Unjustified PCR too

He is a fairly humorous poster. Very Humourous
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X