Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

63. rah
    Former Usernames: (none known)
    Famous DL's?: (... he "could" be a DL of Ming )
    Age Group: Middle Aged
    Nationality: ?
    Lives: Western United States
    Had/Has A Website: ?
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ II sections

Description:
    The brother of Ming, he posts a lot in the Civ II general sections and is happy to give advice to civvers in the Strategy section.
    He's "middle Aged" and I'm 30 to 60; HA HA HA HA...
    You should do better research.. we are identical twin brothers and the Age FAQ would show that we both turn 47 this year.
    And Western United States???? He lives about a mile or two away from me in a Northwestern Suburb of Chicago
    All information that is readly available on this site
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A lot of effort. Well done. As always, this will be a work in progress. So in an attempt to make things easier.

Corrections/additions

63. rah
      Former Usernames: (none)
      Famous DL's?: (... he "could" be a DL of Ming/None )
      Age Group: 46
      Nationality: Italian/German/Irish
      Lives: Chicago, Il (north of)
      Had/Has A Website: no
      Contribution to Apolyton: Civ II/Civ III sections and creator of the On The Road Ferret adventures with Dolph, Vito and Kiki.

Description:
      The TWIN brother of Ming, he posts a lot in the Civ II general/MP sections and is happy to give advice to civvers in the Strategy section. Posts in the OT when he's bored at work.

RAH
      Ming doesn't appreciate it when I post my full name.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I second Chris 62's Subject

Wow, of the two "facts" listed with me, neither is true.

Might as well add this

21. Gibsie
        Former Usernames: Gibster, Gibsie el Magnifico
        Famous DL's: Insincere Dave (not really famous, but he did get in some guy's sig...)
        Age Group: Whatever 19 falls into
        Nationality: English
        Lives: Surrey (How the heck did you get "America"?!)
        Had/Has A Website: No
        Contribution to Apolyton: Spam, a cute little jumping kitty

Description:
        Simply a face in the crowd. Generic English poster.
        Last edited by Gibsie; August 2, 2001, 14:20.

Comment

All I can say is "wow." Quite an effort, regardless of accuracy.
          "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
          Jonathan Swift

Comment

4. This is my hobby.
            ohhhhh ok
            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

One thing I will say is that it explains Ras's spamming of late (and it was a nice effort, I'll agree )

Comment

interesting. .
                27. connorkimbro
                Former Usernames: (Apathetic Dreamer)
                Famous DL's: (none known)
                Age Group: 22-30
                Nationality: ?
                Lives: America
                Had/Has A Website: ?
                Contribution to Apolyton: ?

Description:
                Joined the army after a few years at apolyton. The "real" United States Army. He joined it to pay for College.
                He had contributed much to Apolyton in the Civ II and III sections and had become a regular hang-out in the Off-Topic.
                He disappeared for a few months during basic training, then appeared again around December 2000 or January 2001.

Another former username is The Unconquered
                one of my DL's (wasn't too famous) was The Devil's Nightmare
                Real Name is Nathanael
                Nationality is American, but i presume you mean race, which is lithuanian (primarily)
                Registered in sometime late 1998 (december sometime)
                had a website. . isn't up anymore. . may have a website sometime again in the future.
                contribution to apolyton: besides being one of the more (i think) respectable posters here, not much, aside from "counseling" the occasional distraught poster, and trying to positively influence the development of civ3.
                I joined the army to pay for college, among other reasons. . but i guess partly to pay for college. also used to post regularly in the CTP sections, until CTP came out and i found out that it sucked. lurk and occasionaly post in civ2 strategy, lurk and sometimes post in civ3-general, apolyton community, and s&d.
                -connorkimbro
                "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

one more thing

while scanning the list, i saw you had djugashvili as "apolytons only russian poster"

first of all, tear of the komosomal girl (sp?) is russian, and djugashvili is not. he is from maryland, i think.
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

And I’m supposed to cooperate with this madness? Nah, it’s a great hobby you have there, it amuses many of us.

Besides, what are you thanking me for? I haven’t done anything to help you I’m aware of, have I?

Ok, here’s a corrected and complemented summary:

43. Colon
                    Former Usernames: none, besides a brief change to “Cylon” before returning
                    Famous DL's?: no famous ones, but I did had Collon, Histori049 and Dominicos as DL’s
                    Age Group: adolescent
                    Nationality: Belgian
                    Lives: Antwerp, Belgium
                    Had/Has A Website: none
                    Contribution to Apolyton: OT, minor contributions civ2, civ3 and other games and one viking scribe.

”Description:
                    Gives out Belgian Chocolates. Or rather gave them out to Apolytoners, he has since ceased the practice.
                    Active for some time as the Apolyton Earth:2025 clan leader, then he quit the game.
                    He's been a presence at Apolyton for a long time and accomplished much, with some suggestions on the list and elsewhere.”

Mmm, firstly, I haven’t ceased doling out chocs, it’s just that my distributor is missing and secondly the "accomplished much" comment is way too generous, since I have accomplished nothing to speak of.

You can add this to your description: (or replace it, choose for yourself)

I’m mostly known for my Belgian chocolates (Colon’s Chocolates©) distributed by Dominikos in the rare occasions he’s present, although I sometimes give as a present on birthdays.
                    My greatest accomplishment is my longevity at Apolyton, although I wasn’t here yet when the site was born. Minor accomplishments are my contributions to the Suriname threads and the fact I was once 4th in the rank of post-count. However, my position has decayed ever since, so I’ve decided to support abolishing PC’s as consolation.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I am not a Deity yet, but give me chance, I am working on it

I am impressed, that must have taken a small eternity...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm 17.
                        And I don't live in Pennsylvania.
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

Actually what better way to get this information.

If you had put out a form and asked people to fill it out, I'm sure it would have received the appropriate response (almost nill).

But by doing it this way. People's egos will take over and it becomes a must read. Which will lead to a lot of us (those that still post) submitting corrections/embellishments

Clever and well done. I salute you.

RAH
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, it's corrections (and addenda) time.

2. Mao. Mao's American. Otherwise it's quite correct. Mao really disappears into the background - while people always used to btch about Albert Speer's and Jug-as-Willy's usernames, he got the flak for being named after one of the great mass murderers only once. (If you wonder why he took the name, it's because Mao had been a great ally to him in one Civ2 game.)

3. Imran's Pakistani. (I don't know where you get the idea he's NOI.) If you are going to mention Imran's feud with Red Trotskyite, he's similar 'relationship' with n.c also bears mentioning.

4. Markos's name is "Markos Giannopoulis".

5. Alexander's Horse lives in Melbourne, doesn't he? He once held to title "Apolytoner of the Season" - no wait, I can't remember if he actually got the title. He campaigned really hard for it, tho.

6. Narck was a major forum nanny.

8. Before MtG got to Poly, he was in OWO and ACOL.

9. If Iain has a working copy of Civ3, then he's a bastard.

10. UR's British.

11. Lance always is trying to get us to date Philippine girls.

12. MWHC? An European? That's gotta be the biggest misstatement of the year. In the earlier days, MWHC was America's biggest defender on the forums, and constantly posted about hardships Russia and China were going through and how US was going to kick Serbians back to stone age in 3 weeks (this was during the Kosovo crisis.)

13. Roland's Austrian.

14. You forgot Warning: amongst former names. Chasing Nimdoowarntuations is a major troll, especially trolling about Americans, Christians and guns. He's against all of them.

15. There's a reason we didn't take Al Speer seriously. First of all, he was a fascist. Sure, a polite fascist, but fascist nevertheless. He was great believer of using peer pressure on weaker students to make them whopping supermen like he claimed to be, especially nerds. Nerds, who constitute a major part of Apolytoners obviously didn't like this. And there was the "leather coat" episode. He claimed that his mother was sending him back to Palestine because he had damaged his leather coat. Then he miraculously stayed on America. Oh, and then there was the Lee-Ann thing. I mean, one thread about a girl is fine, but 100,000+ threads is bit too much.

18. I'm 17 years old. I'm Finnish. (if you've been here of any length, been to Off-Topic and don't know I'm Finnish, then duh for you too.) And you wrote far too little of me. I'm disappointed.

20. Amazingly, Dave Boshko's real name is David Boshko.

21. Thubbens lives in Indiana. chegitz guevara is his twin brother or something.

24. Shi is bigtime conservative.

26. Schmunk is Danish. His real name is Morten Munk.

28. GP's advocate of damned branching thread system.

29. I've always asserted that DanQ's real name is Danforth Quayle. He's just ashamed.

31. MLeonard's real name is Matt Leonard.

33. Anyone remembering the joke/flame war we had with Sir David early on would laugh at assertion that he's Finnish. He's Swedish. His real name is David Josefsson.

34. n.c lives in North Carolina. He posts in AC forums too.

35. Doc is a goofy American.

37. AFAIK Sten Sture is Swedish.

39. I *think* Jug-as-Willy had some other name, but am not sure. And isn't he American who lives in New York?

40. ProvostB was known as "ProvostBug" because we suspected him of being advanced forum bug that spammed. History049 was the first forum bug.

42. Didn't Misotu once advocate legalizing infanticide on very young babies?

43. Colon is Belgian. (Californian, geez.) He's also an economist who doesn't like Alan Greenspan very much.

44. Berzerker was known as Berserker for a very short time. He was an ardent libertarian who liked to make very long posts repyling almost sentence by sentence and to call his opponents liars and thieves.

45. Bob's DLs were newscasters! Most famous was Dan Rather.

46. Jay Bee's still spanish, isn't he? He used to be Sable.

50. St Leo was indeed a Canadian. He created a number of scenarios, "roman riots" maybe the most famous. He was active in SLeague.

51. Starchild wasn't just teased about being gay, he was/is gay and flamboyantly so. He was, I think, first poster to come out of closet, and that provoked lots of flaming, mostly against Michael Jeszenka who was against homosexuality. This led to his banning, IIRC.

52. Squid was also known as Kubla Khan. And boy, were there lots of those DLs. I think he's real name is Scott Siskind or Siskind Scott or something like that, or maybe those are his first names or something.

53. Snowfy's American who goes to Wesleyan College. (or was it Boshko who goes to Wesleyan?) He's debated alot from moderate liberal POW. His real name is Peter Trevelyan, IIRC.

54. Kropotkin is a Swede.

56. Snappy-Wappy's natinality is Swedish. (You should really brush up your Swedish recognition skills. )

57. MrTemba lives in some American big city. New York or Philadelphia, I think.

58. icedan wasn't the only poster Comrade Dan had disagreements. Others included Geography Dan. (Note the pattern? )

60. I believe Chris's real name is Chris Stavropoulos.

63. rah is not just brother, he is *twin* brother. He, and Ming, live in Chicago. Famous for Vito and I-can't-remember-the-name-of-other-one-of-them, the adventurous ferrets, who provided side commentary to his posts and once went on a road trip.

65. Ata is German.

66. John-SJ is American and conservative.

67. Oh my god, I just realized that DinoDoc's name is DinoDoc. DinoDoc, please don't tell us your real name is Kent Hovind. (Note to DarkCloud: His real name isn't (hopefully) Kent Hovind.)

68. Nothin' Austrian about Mike! He lives in Los Angeles.

70. Victor Galis is Rumanian living in America.

72. Hueij is Dutch. His original name was Huey.

73. Dominikos is American, and afraid of Illuminati.

75. Sarge is American and had a ton of DLs, "Comstar" (juvenile spammer) and "Leftenant Lawrence" (left-winger Sarge argued with) being most famous. Real name is David Sheets.

79. Winnie's Danish. He's one of the few European conservatives around, supporting War on (Some) Drugs and various other things.

80. Ero's German. I think he lives in America.

86. Spink was English. He posted a lot about Americans and Christians, which he opposed. It's a public secret that he's currently Chasing Nimdookwarntuations.

92. Lighty is Finnish.

94. War4ever is American.

97. Ramo is of Arabic descent. His real name is Omar. He's big on leftism, currently turned more towards anarchism.

99. Evan von Christoph isn't written in two words. "Apolyton Daffy Duck" was title given by JohnT. Amongst his DLs were Lucifer D. Satan, a Satanist, General Steelman (supposedly intelligence officer looking for dangerous terrorist named Evan von Christoph) and Emperor Craetsezar, advocator of Roman imperialism with whom Evan had lengthy flamewars.)
                            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Some corrections of this "list".

Since it's obvious the "master of lists" doesn't know the people he's busy insulting, I will correct it for him:

60. Chris 62 Correct
                              Former Usernames: (cpoulos) Correct
                              Famous DL's?: (none known) Correct
                              Age Group: 39 incorrect, born 10/25/62
                              Nationality: Greek incorrect Greek/English My father was Greek, my mother English.
                              Lives: America Incomplete New York City, just like it has always said
                              Registered: 4-1-01 Incorrect Regesistered January 4, 2001
                              Had/Has A Website: ? Yes www.civfanatics.com
                              Contribution to Apolyton: CTP incorrect Main contrebution is to the gaming community, through playtesting more then a dozen scenarios fro many of the best designers, as well as providing historical information on many time periods, and playing in many PBEM and net MP games.

Description:
                              He joined in April 2001 and reached 2001 posts in 3 months, spamming the off-topic and the Call-To-Power sections of the site. INCORRECT Joined in january, has yet to spam ANY topic. My posts were earned through many days of posting, and through the play of civilization, like the site says, not by random splatterings of senseless comments that YOU have accused me of.
                              Not much is known about this poster except that he claims to have served in the army for 3-5 years. INCORRECT My own bio that you reprinted gives somebackround. Did you even bother to read it? My friends know me well, as for claims, why don't you ask MTG? We served together at the same time in the same division.
                              He frequents the Spanish Civilization II website forums. INCOMPLETE as well as the community boards, the SL boards, the General section, and the off-topic.
                              Your intense confusion is due to the fact that I rarely start topics, but you should be careful on how you phrase things.

"I have zero fear of taking unpopular stances on things, and will argue adnausium on points if I think I'm right about.
                              I have a fierce temper, but I calm just as easily, if given a little space.
                              I lean neither left nor right, so manage to anger both sides in equal measure, depending on the issue.
                              I appreciate honest people, loathe ultra leftists and ultra rightists.
                              I will take up causes if I believe in them, often even when I'm all alone in my belief.
                              I will listen to anyone once, but if I consider you a fool, I will ignore you, and not bother with you in the future. If I consider you intelligent, I will talk to you, even if you don't agree with me on things.
                              I almost never start topics in the Off Topic.
                              I was married in 1993 and my son was born in 1997.
                              Served in the US Army from 80-86, and am a colege grad, with a degree in modern European history (for all the good that does me ) and hardware engineering.
                              I supplement my income by writing.
                              I like Apolyton, but post in other places as well, but lately, haven't cared much for the OTs or a lot for some of the people who post here.
                              I also have made some really good friends here, but I will not name them, for fear that they would be assaulted by my many enemies."
                              Correct from my own discription.

I suggest that in the future, Dark Cloud, you watch whom you insult.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Five star for stefu. You were probably writing that when everyone else was posting corrections

1. Dolph, Vito and Kiki. (i'm glad someone remembered those threads)

2. War4ever is Canadian.

3. Even though Gen. Steelman was the most obvious one of evc's dl's, he was the funniest. But evc's flame wars with himself were always very entertaining. (when he desires attention, he knows how to get it)

RAH
                                well done.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X