No announcement yet.

The Apolyton 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some corrections on myself (don't have time to find errors on others)

Former Usernames: (none known)
    Famous DL's: (none known) Had 'Arther Dent' as a DL and invited Apolytoners to guess who was behind the DL
    Age Group: 16-18 21, actually
    Nationality: Muslim (The Nation of Islam) ACK! NOI?! Even when I considered myself a Muslim, I hated the NOI. Now, I call myself a Deist, which is what I've always really been.
    Lives: New York, America Toms River, NJ, USA or New Brunswick, NJ, USA
    Had/Has A Website: ?
    Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III OT
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Stefu, do you mind if I add to your addendum?

"43. Colon is Belgian. (Californian, geez.) He's also an economist who doesn't like Alan Greenspan very much."

I'm an amateur economist at most, and I have no do particularily dislike of Greenpsan himself, rather his policies.

"37. AFAIK Sten Sture is Swedish."

Sten is of Swedish descend, true, but he's American and lives in San Francisco.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Impressive work as always DarkCloud. Great list!

As well as the corrections from Stefu, what you know is amazing.

Finally, just a quick check I made is that number 90 is missing and that numbers 69 to 61 are printed twice. Make those couple changes and of course all corrections and then this list is absolutely freaking amazing.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Chris, I can understand perfectly you correct DC, but that doesn’t mean have to start *****ing like that. Judging from your reaction you seem to think he spend hours on making a list of a 100 people for no other reason than insulting you.

Please have some understanding, would you?
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Nice work Nube Oscura. It needs some more work as there are quite a few mistakes. Anyway, with regard to myself here is a bunch of corrections:

46. Jay Bee
            Former Usernames: (none known) Sable and another one I will not disclose
            Famous DL's?: (none known) none unknown too
            Real Name: Jay? Nope. That's my 'abbreviated name'. You're not much into the scenario world, are you?
            Age Group: ? older than Giant Squid, younger than Ming
            Nationality: Spain? For the time being, yes .
            Lives: California Yep
            Had/Has A Website: The Spanish Civilization II site Also the Civilization Scenario Collection, another ACS hosted site
            Contribution to Apolyton: Spanish Civ II, Civ III, Civ II. No Civ III

Description:
            He was the 4th person on the Apolyton boards
            I do not know if I was the third, the fourth or the fifth but it's true that I can't think of anybody around who registered before me (MarkG and DanQ excepted, of course)

and is currently the webmaster of the Spanish Civilization II site and moderator of the Spanish Civilization II sites' forums.

Correct

He has contributed much to Apolyton in the Civ II

True particularly the ethical approach to the game (my code of honor became famous in the pre-MGE times) and the scenario design area

and III sections,

Nope. I have never ever posted to the CivIII forum. I won't care about CivIII until I have the box in my hands

and currently lurks in the Apolyton section of the site and in the Spanish Civ II section giving spanish lessons to Chris 62 and others.

and the SLeague forum. Used to be a OT regular when there were two OTFs. Nice chats with Dominikosnikosnikos. After the two forums merged I got a bit tired and quit. I visit from time to time though, and post primarily in the soccer threads.

PS. I had absolutely nothing to do with the post count reduction you mentioned under St Leo's entry. I'm just a mod. With regards to PCRs I am powerless.
            Last edited by Jay Bee; August 2, 2001, 16:37.

Comment

European?? Since when?

Egads man didn't you look at our profiles?
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

The person could be using his great memory to be doing more useful things, but this is still interesting

Pretty accurate about me except I was never banned, and a note is I was the first person to get enough posts to qualify for "Emperor".

Comment

Not Cool.

Give him a break, Chris 62. He is doing something which is pretty cool for these forums. Do not automatically assume that mistakes he made were made to insult. Other people who he has made mistakes about have not reacted as you have. You should not be so hostile.
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Nice list DarkCloud! You always come up w/ some entertaining stuff. I live in Oregon btw, not Washington. Also, 'The Apolytoner's House' was my project but it could also be just as easily listed in about 30 other posters bios. I sure as heck couldn't have done it alone...

Stefu, my wife's cousin really wants to meet a nice fella like you. She's been waiting all her life for her husband to be...

(Stefu was right on, the gals in our family in the Phils are always bugging us for pen pals, and so we try to oblige)
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                      Chris, I can understand perfectly you correct DC, but that doesn’t mean have to start *****ing like that. Judging from your reaction you seem to think he spend hours on making a list of a 100 people for no other reason than insulting you.

Please have some understanding, would you?
                      I understand when some one calls me a liar, all my civility ends.

If he had simply gotten some facts wrong, that would be that.

However, words like "claims" and "spammed the forums" to me are a GIANT F*CK YOU in my face.

You draw the answer you deserve.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

And even more corrections...

Don't mind the grouches DarkCloud, they're just jealous. Of what, I don't know, but they are, I'm sure.

JohnT
                        Former Usernames: (none known)
                        Former Titles: Apolyton Librarian
                        Age Group: 34
                        Nationality: USA! USA! USA!
                        Lives: Knoxville, TN
                        Registered: I registered the same day that TNapolean registered: 3-17-1999.
                        Had/Has A Website: Nope.
                        Contribution to Apolyton: I started out in the OT and remained an OTer. Except for my stint as "librarian" I've contributed little to this site other than wasted space on the server.

Comment

That's right, insuling me for no reason is not cool.

See my above post.

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

Give him a break, Chris 62. He is doing something which is pretty cool for these forums. Do not automatically assume that mistakes he made were made to insult. Other people who he has made mistakes about have not reacted as you have. You should not be so hostile.
                          The only "break" I want to give is to bust him one on the jaw.

And I'll remind you all, I barely know this guy, yet he saw fit to call me a liar, and then compound it by saying I spammed up the forums.

The only thing he deserves from me is contempt.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Well BD, not everyone got the reation Chris got. Personally I think that was an error that should be corrected w/ a little humility and facing the mistake. Chris was understandable when he blew his cool, and hopefully will cool down soon.

I think this is something that should be easily cleared up considering the maturity level of the people involved, yes?
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I claim to be 16.
                              I haven't proved it. Ergo its still a claim.

Just because DarkCloud didn't do in-depth research on all 100 posters doesn't mean he was slandering you. Sure, he could have asked MtG, but how was he to know who to ask.

Just because it is a claim does not mean it is not the truth.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well I am impressed, that looks like a lot of effort, but try and update some of the details when people correct you. This could remain an ongoing effort to get facts. Actually I noticed you didn't mention anything for Chegitz, who is quite a prominent member of the OT community, and Secretary-General of the Apolyton Communist Party
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X