Give us your best quotes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Can't I at least be King for a day?"
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

How about:

"Where there`s blaim, there`s a claim".

"It must be a budget. It`s got a lot of numbers in it".
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

"Can I please have my 300 posts back?"

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

"All that we are is the result of all that we have thought. It is founded on thought. It is based on thought." - Buddha

"In our maturer years, when an object of vision is presented to us which bears any similitude to the form of the female bosom ... we feel a general glow of delight which seems to influence all of our senses..." - Charles Darwin - proving that even the greatest male minds can really only think about one thing

"The majority of Terrans were six-legged. They had territorial squabbles and politics and wars and a caste system. They also had sufficient intelligence to survive on that barren boondocks planet for several billions of years.
          We are not concerned here with the majority of Terrans. We are concerned with a tiny minority - the domesticated primates who built cities and wrote symphonies and invented things like tic-tac-toe (naughts and crosses for the Brits - Spekter) and integral calculus. At the time of our story, these primates regarded themselves as <I>the</I> Terrans. The six-legged majority and other life forms on that planet hardly entered into their thinking at all, most of the time." - Robert Anton Wilson

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, co-operate, act alone, solve an equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein

"As the caterpillar chooses the fairest leaves to lay her eggs on, so the priest lays his curse on the fairest joys." - William Blake

"Man is ignorant of the nature of his own being and powers, even his idea of his limitations is based on experience of the past. There is therefore no reason to assign theoretical limits to what he may be, or what he may do." - Aleister Crowley
          Peace, Wisdom, and No Karma

Comment

"Hey man- smell my finger."

George Clinton.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

"I will write like 100 men! No. I mean, I will fight like 100 men! OK?" -- Slust the Red, Ogre Battle

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us"

"If you want realism, play two turns and die of old age." -- Flavor Dave
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                "What? Huck Finn is one of the best books I've ever written".

Still hilarous, posted back in the days of YYYH.
                Made in response to moi, of course...

My best line was about EVC and it actually became a title:

"EVC truly is the Apolyton Daffy Duck."

Comment

Forgive the OT-centric view of these quotes, but I hope you like them.

Apolyton = protesting against your post counts reduction over and over again for no other reason but recuperating your loss

Apolyton = having a fondness for debating gargantuan nonsense as if it were a dead serious matter

Apolyton = going to ACOL when the server is down

US essence of a coffee shop = coffee
                  Dutch essence of a coffee shop = cannabis
                  Apolyton essence of a coffee shop = spam

Apolyton = 1.you arrive 2.you lurk 3.you inhabit 4.you leave 5.you lurk 6.you inhabit

Apolyton = dictatorship of the M-family + DanQ

Apolyton = MarkG, DanQ and 9,998 double logins

Apolyton = Off-Topic forum + some civalissaton stuff

[EDIT] ok these aren't real quotes, I was supposed to post them in the t-shirt slogans thread. (I'm a bit tired right now, you see)
                  Last edited by Colonâ„¢; August 1, 2001, 22:17.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                    "If you want realism, play two turns and die of old age." -- Flavor Dave
                    That's one of my favorites as well.

I also like the one in my sig.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

"Am I just supposed to bask in the warm glow of your annihilating contempt?"
                      -The Tao of Steve
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                      X