X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give us your best quotes!

Markos requested in another thread:

Originally posted by MarkG
    get me first a huge list of quotes and then i'll work something out.....
    So, what are you waiting for? Send 'em in!
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Is Markos intending to use those quotes for showing them after you submit your post? In that case this material probably won't do...

"[complex of letters stupid netscape can't copy] (greek)

Snapcase, commenting on the Greek alphabet.

“Mark, Ming is using his Middle-Management authority to pick on me in the Off-Topic thread. Please tell him to uncap my threading ability. Ive only created 1 thread there so far.”

Steve5304, reacting on the (old) thread limit.

"NASDAQ has been trying for over a year to break into Europe. NASDAQ is trying to become a global exchange. NASDAQ uber alles.”

Pchang, commenting on the purchase of a 50% stake in easdaq by nasdaq.

""With MS-Outlook on my PC I can auto-route emails from Colon right to my recycle bin!!!"

Sten Sture, on his kind reception of my emails.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The one in my sig?
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I think in my sig is better.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Mine isn't from the administration, but I think it's a good one nonetheless :
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Testicles, the other white meat.

(Reprinted with the authorization of Dolph and Vito.)
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah yes... Dracon has an interesting quote of mine in his sig... however that only applies to those that know the story of Ohio in the SMAC forums.

I'm sure many remember this masterpiece by yours truely:

"What? Huck Finn is one of the best books I've ever written".

Still hilarous, posted back in the days of YYYH.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"I have the leadership abilities of small cantaloupe."
                -- yours truly

Come on MarkG, you know it's tried and true.
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

my sig works for me
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

AcolKitty's sig.:

"ok, fine.
                    from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
                    --MarkG
                    and by MikeH
                    she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                      my sig works for me
                      How about:

"The jerkstore called. They're out of you."

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Who is Rah?...Solver
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I like the both ones of my signature, but here's a Finnish one:

"Nälkä ei koskaan lähde, se vain siirtyy."

"Hunger never disappears, it just moves ahead (?)"

- Uuno Turhapuro
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

If you want some more serious ones:

"Now, I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" - Homer Simpson

"The strong do what they will, the weak do what they must." - Thucydides

"History is bunk." - Henry Ford

"We must all hang together, or surely we will all hang seperately." - Benjamin Franklin

"One death is a tragedy and a million is a statistic." - Josef Stalin

"For every buffalo you kill, you should plant two more." - George W. Bush

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Machiavelli

"Wealth needs poverty of a kind in order to be complete and fufilling." - Thomas Moore

"Veni, vidi, vici." - Julius Caesar
                            Last edited by tniem; August 2, 2001, 01:35.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

By a certain anonymous character

"Really, if history049 wasn't the greatest spammer, he at least was the earliest one. At the time, they didn't even counteract the stuff.
                              In fact, we didn't even had a word for it, we all just said "godammit 049, write posts longer than one line!". (those were the early days remember, 1 character-posts were unheard of)"

"Maybe we should we ask Firaxis to junk this civilisation rubbish and create a game about bacterias instead?"

"We didn't had to worry about global warming an nuclear proliferation during the medieval ages and similarily we didn't had to worry about spam when there were branching boards."

"We want people to lose perspective, it keeps them at Apolyton."
                              Last edited by Colon™; July 27, 2001, 17:59.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X