Testing with Opera 5.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing with Opera 5.12

If this post shows up, Opera 5.12 users can post on the forums.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Out of curiosity, what benefits does Opera offer over IE or NS?
    (+1)

Comment

- It is much smaller
      - It is much faster to use (you have one mother window and as much of child windows as you want)

Somebody can continue.

(BTW, I couldn't post with my version of Opera at home... now I can't test it anyway)
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

(BTW, I couldn't post with my version of Opera at home... now I can't test it anyway)

Ah, so I'm not the only one. I'll try the new version this weekend...
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

where get it

where do you het this program from and is it free ??
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Thanks. Does the software have any installation downsides?
            (+1)

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Just testing... I hope this post will show up, it will be another blow to IE
                Once again...

Comment

<i>Out of curiosity, what benefits does Opera offer over IE or NS?</i>

Opera has a smaller footprint, an internal taskbar, and a lot more options.

<i>where do you het this program from and is it free ??</i>

www.opera.com The unregistered version has very unobtrusive ads.

<i>Thanks. Does the software have any installation downsides?</i>

Nope, but you need to install Sun's JRE (it's bundled) in order for Opera to support Java.

<i>Just testing... I hope this post will show up, it will be another blow to IE</i>

It is.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

ads?

Are we talking Spyware or just banners in the programme?
                    (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Gasmaske
                      ads?

Are we talking Spyware or just banners in the programme?
                      Just a small banner in the corner. You won't even know it's there after a while. And remember, Opera is faaaaaaaast and very small compared to IE or NS, just about 2 Megs IIRC...

Go for it!
                      Once again...

Comment

And if you look for a serial on Astalavista...you can make the ads disappear

Comment

Thanks Guys. I might just give it a go.
                          (+1)

Comment

i tried that site , but when i followed the links for the downlaod notihng happened , it just opened the header of the page and one line sayting "you are about to downlaod opera" but then it didnt do anything .. is it just me or is there a problem at that site
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Until Opera can render my homepage correctly it is placed in my trashcan.

Regarding one of the points:
                              - It is much faster to use (you have one mother window and as much of child windows as you want)
                              Internet Explorer actually works like this as well, but it's less obvious. When shift-clicking on links (opening them in new windows) or launching a new window by any means other than loading IE again, it's a child process of the first, which allows it to be faster on those slower computers. Opera's method is just much more obvious, because it uses the multiple document interface (Which I found annoying, personally, I'm too attached to having IE-style).
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X