No announcement yet.

ACSR Launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for more comments. I don't see much difference between ACSR and audio newsletter, as it's pretty much the same. Just as I downloaded audio newsletters and listened to them, one can do here. I enjoyed audio-news, and did not read text news, but then I got disappointed by the big gap in audio-newsletter, and won't be downloading those May news. Listening to several month old news feels weird, but not I can come back to audio-style I guess, if the broadcasts will be in time. Keep doing the good job!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi Solver.

[ re: difference between ACSR News and audio newsletter ]

With the exception of the name change, interim theme and "copyright" notice at the end of each broadcast, there is very little different with the notable exception that the news in ACSR News is presented in chronological order as opposed to the audio version of the newsletter which goes in a "top story" order as determined by the Apolyton staff.

[ re: disappointment with gap in audio broadcasts ]

So was I. Part of the reason was because of availability to do the broadcasts, but most of it was because of the disruption of the compliation and distribution of the newsletter. With the new format now in place, I do not anticipate any considerable gaps such as this anytime in the near future.

[ re: not listening to back programs ]

I understand your not being interested in reading older news -- the length in which a broadcast is made available in the archive but it will most likely be between 2-4 months. If/when other programs in ACSR are produced and are not so time sensitive, they should be made available 'indefinitely' once posted.

[ re: broadcasts being posted on time ]

This is directly correlated to my available free time but I am hopeful that with the exception of examination periods, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, I hope to have the broadcasts available on or by the Tuesday of the week the broadcast corresponds to.

Thanks again for your input! All -- including constructive criticism -- is welcome.

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

As promised, there are two new pages in the <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/radio" TARGET="_new">Radio section</A>: an "FAQ" and a "Streaming/Downloading Help" section. Hopefully these documents will be useful in finding more information about the nature of ACSR and identify and troubleshooting any technical problems you may have with it.

If not, or you would like to post additional comments on something that has already bene discussed about ACSR but would like to raise something else, let me know!

-----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

hey cool... something different... good to hear some voices to attach to the name...
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Dan, thanks for your answers. I'll keep in touch with ACSR.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You're welcome, Solver. Thanks Rasputin and, to both of you, thanks for listening!

What's the frown for, DaShi?

---------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He is sad.
                    My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
                    from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
                    --MarkG

and by MikeH
                    she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

Back to the topic at hand...

Other comments/questions etc. on ACSR are welcomed here!

----------------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

i only have a slow connection 56K but it was ok for downlaoding the radio ... i find Realpalyer a bit slow though.. is there any other (better) software... perhpas just a straight mp3 download version... then i can lsiten to it anywhere not jsut here on pc

Comment

i only have a slow connection 56K but it was ok for downlaoding the radio ... i find Realpalyer a bit slow though.. is there any other (better) software... perhpas just a straight mp3 download version... then i can lsiten to it anywhere not jsut here on pc

Comment

DaShi -

Originally posted by ACOLKitty
                            He is sad.
                            You're going to be even sadder if you keep spamming threads with sad face smileys.

I sent you a PM. Please respond, and stop spamming these threads.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by death_head
                              I think that Mark and Dan should rap! Now that would be interesting...

...with a little Ming thrown in the mix of course...

yo yo yo im rappin' ming and i am da king of the poly moderatas im da spam exterminata, a killin' machine, a cold ice queen, so ya betta watch yo back cause i be layin down the smack

Poll: Could I be worse then Vanilla Ice?
                              I was serious, I'd like to compose a rap for the commercial breaks. Alright, it wouldn't be about gangs or women or anything else inappropriate. I'd keep it clean.

Comment

Great news! I love the radio program.

One point: Please either have different ads for the shows or have no ads in the middle of the shows.

The lead-in music is interesting.
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X