No announcement yet.

Just voicing my opinion (and poll!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, but I should get the 1500 post counts that were wrongfully taken away from me

Comment

another option to make it far for all the newbies posting here that no longer get PCs for Offtopic is to subtract all the Offtopic PCs from the current users...
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I don't really care one way or another.

My own preference is to do away with post counts all together, retaining only functional titles for 'Poly staff and volunteers, and special titles for special people (e.g. Troll Machine ).

BTW orange just after I put you on the Missing Apolytoners' List you surfaced. I wonder if you did that intentionally
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Also could I get the 200 or so posts I did since the new rule came into affect? It hurt poor little non-spammers like me
          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

what new rule ?? the off topic one? thats not so new !
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The results speak for themselves!

22 in favor
              8 against
              11 abstain

Any mods care to post on this?
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Not so fast...

First you need to discount the spammers. We don't need anything to encourage them. Then, you need to include the "don't care" as against, since they are not interested in changing the status quo.

So you have 16 for and 19 against.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

The don't cares are not against it. If they were, they would have posted to "no, the OT has been better off without it" not "I don't care because I don't care about post count". If you don't care about post count, than that means you don't care either way. If you want to count the spammers as against, fine...

18 for, 12 against, 11 don't care.
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The truth of the matter is, there is less spam in the OTF with the new rule in force. Therefore, even though I don't care about post counts, I'm for the rule.

If you want a valid pool, there should only be two choices:

- Restore post count in the OTF
                    - Do not restore post count in the OTF

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

One thing overlooked in the heated discussions: If posts in the spam forum count towards post count, most everybody there would quickly reach deity. Once all are deity, they'll start DLs just to be different.

Post count and title are silly things to be concerned about, IM-not-so-HO. If your posts are substantive, great. If not, you'll be ignored, no matter what your title.

edit: me can no write clearly
                        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                        intelligence to few.

Comment

I don't care too much about the title, I just want my own avatar.
                          (and I'm too lazy to wait a year )
                          Talent Optional

Comment

Working...
                          X