Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• styles in use

i've found a way to use styles for most of the texts on the forums pages

the result is reduced page size. as an example, the front page on light style is 56k from 62k....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Is this why some of the text now appears to be in a different font? Will we eventually be able to change the fonts in the control panel or is it "as is"?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
      Is this why some of the text now appears to be in a different font?
      an example?

everything looks like verdana to me....

Will we eventually be able to change the fonts in the control panel or is it "as is"?
      i dont see a big need for such a feature. is there any?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Markos, just make sure you don't set the exact size of the font in the CSS, other-wise the font is not rescalable in the browser, and that's always bad.

Sometimes, when I'm tired, or when I have a higher resolution, I increase the fonts to reduce eye strain.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Comment

Good one Mark.

Now I have another reason not to come here with the old computers at work (Using IE2).
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

why can't you upgrade to the free IE5?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
              why can't you upgrade to the free IE5?
              Nah, not that old machines, they are just useable as typewriters anyway.

(I use IE5 at all new machines and at home.)

Comment

Mark I was in my Control Panel browsing my options... (As I usually do to see if you has changed the 'Hide Email'-option)

...and your marketing of the newsletter has disappeared (most likely due to size specified in the style)

Comment

I'm not sure how it was before, but I think that the threadpage numbers was smaller then other text, now it is the same size. Also all Info under the name and the row at top of each message (time, userinfo, edit, quote (not report and ip)) look bigger now.

Also the signature look bigger.

May I suggest some <SMALL>-tags?
                  <SMALL>They Work</SMALL>

Comment

Markos, after age 35-40 our eyes have a harder time with small font. Please change the font back. It hurts my eyes since it is smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                      Markos, after age 35-40 our eyes have a harder time with small font. Please change the font back. It hurts my eyes since it is smaller.
                      If you use IE5 you may ignore fontsizes by setting 'Helpstuff' or something like that. (Settings, first tab button in lower right corner.)

Comment

Markos, for an example: The bold text near the top of the page on the left, the one that says (in this thread) "Apolyton CS Forums > Miscellanous > Apolyton/Community > styles in use" is changed. It appears to be a more narrow font now than before.

Much of the bold text in the control panel an on the reply page has changed to a narrower font too.

And the regular text appears to be smaller than it was.

On the subject of the need for a separate font option in the control panel: I don't know... If the changes are only moderate, I suppose we will all get accustomed to it shortly. However, if you're planning radical changes to the fonts used, it might be a good idea to consider.

Comment

I also believe the regular text is not only smaller, but a slightly different font as well. It has a bit of a Gary-ish quality about it if you catch my drift. Which is not good... (No offense to Gary intended, other that he consistently uses an incredibly ugly font when he posts )

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                            Good one Mark.

Now I have another reason not to come here with the old computers at work (Using IE2).
                            I have to agree with you there. With this recent change the text is grossly over-large. If I were a first time visitor here I'd take one look at the format of the forum and then leave, laughing!

Sorry Mark, but I find the new format a real turn-off and yes, it probably will keep me away from here more in the future. Not only as a poster, but as a lurker as well.

John-SJ

Comment

I still the think the page takes too long to load
                              Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                              Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                              "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Working...
                              X