• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Needs work...

Originally posted by MarkG
    i think now it's ok, correct?
    Yes, this is better. Thank you.
    One year at Apolyton with the same username and location!

Comment

MarkG,

I tried the Internet options setting on my computer at home (1152x864 resolution, IE 5.5) and it improved things to the point where it's no longer too annoying but that also means that the appearance of every other forum I visit is altered too. I can't win.

So, I guess that I'll just have to change the setting when I come here and restore it when I leave.

As an interesting aside, my computer at work runs NT4 (home computer is Win98 SE), IE5.5 (same as home) and 1280x1024 resolution and there is no difference at all on this computer since the change.

John-SJ

Comment

john, do you have your fonts(control panel -> diplay properties -> settings -> advanced) set at small(96dpi) or at large(120dpi)?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

typo error in the civ3 style settings. fixed
          Thanks, it looks mush better now.

And Mark, why don't you use the <SMALL>-tags instead of &ltFONT CLASS=sf>. In that way the smaller text would be smaller also without styles.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

john, do you have your fonts(control panel -> diplay properties -> settings -> advanced) set at small(96dpi) or at large(120dpi)?
            On my home machine I had large. Funny, I never realized that I didn't have my work and home computers set the same. I set my home computer to small fonts (a little on the small side with 1152x864 on a 19", but not bad) and now the forums look a lot better. Thanks Mark!

John-SJ
            '

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X