FACES Of APOLYTON #1: VELOCIRYX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACES Of APOLYTON #1: VELOCIRYX

We are glad to announce that as of today we are starting a new series of interviews. Hopefully on a steady pace, we will be presenting special members of our community.

We start with <a href=http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews/foa_1vel.shtml>Velociryx, author of the famous SMAC Strategy Guide </a>

If you have a suggestion on who to interview next, send a pm to <a href=http://apolyton.net/forums/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=6796>Solver</a> our Interviews Chief.
    Last edited by MarkG; July 6, 2001, 05:56.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I am available for interview if you make a prior booking. I am sure I could find a window in my schedule somewhere
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Congratulations myself for good work ! Markos, read the email I sent you. Provost, well said, but are you really worth it ?

Next interview, already made by me, is with WesW! Look forward to posting.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Discrimination!

They interview only on-topicers!
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Err... who's WesW?
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

The creator of the Medieval Mods for CTP and CTP2.

Comment

Thank you again, Solver for the opportunity! I must say tho, that it felt kinna odd (not unpleasantly so, however) to head over here and see my name on the main page, Wow!

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Eli,
                Whom are "they" you're talking abot? I deal with the interviews, and I am the one who decides who asks questions, who is aked them, etc. I might someday interview one of the off-topicers, but not earlier than I'm done with the most interesting of on-topic. Well, what can I ask the OTF guy? What's the most stupid thread you've ever seen? Why do you think we have so many trolls and women rapers? Just kidding .
                Seriously, I believe most people would better enjoy reading interviews with people contributing to any of the games. And, of course, Sid Meier . Nice idea, BTW.

Vel,
                Thank you for agreeing to be tortured by me . Seeing my name in one of pages was my dream for first months of Apolyton, now I'm often there...
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, what can I ask the OTF guy? What's the most stupid thread you've ever seen? Why do you think we have so many trolls and women rapers? Just kidding .

Well, IMHO you are a little unfair here. Most of the OT's started out on the on-topic boards. When I first discovered Apolyton over two years ago I didn't even know about the OT forum for a couple of months. But after a while you have seen every question and every answer there is on every subject you can think of so you start spending more and more time on OT.

Not that every subject hasn't been rehashed till death on the OT...

Right, I'm off to read that interview, even tho I never played SMAC
                  Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                  And notifying the next of kin
                  Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    Eli,
                    Whom are "they" you're talking abot
                    The establishment!

THEY have only one goal, to destroy the glorios OFF TOPIC!
                    As I wrote in my book "The Secret War Against the Off Topicers"() : They want us all to talk only about ICS and OCC. THEY dont admit it, but slowly, quietly, they weaken the off topic! Once in a while they add another restriction, and finally, they will get what they want. THE OFF TOPIC WILL FALL!
                    In the beginning, for every action we took against them, they banned us and reduced our post counts. Then THEY took away our RIGHT to increase them! And now... Now they are using their power to take our already limited freedom of speach by not interviewing off topicers!
                    We MUST stop it!

Join me in my battle! Together we will wage ruthless war to defeat Markos and Daniel! We will start with destroying their evil guards, Ming, Michael and whatshisname(), and then we will take over Apolyton and THE OFF TOPIC WILL RULE AGAIN!
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Join the WAR brothers! FIGHT for your rights! FIGHT for your postcounts! FIGHT!

Comment

you say that off topic will rule again, implying that it has ruled before. when was this? and waging ruthless war doesn't sound very nice. if you do that who will do the interviews you're "waging ruthless war" to get? this is assuming you "wage ruthless war" on solver too

Comment

Our motives and goals are unquestionable.

---

That's it, i'm tired of this bull****. I go to sleep.

Comment

Good one, if not a little predictable...
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Good interview, and I agree wholeheartedly about the graphics. Whoever thought that pink, brown, and blue makes for a pleasing pallette has done far more drugs than I while in college... and I've done more than my share. To me, the graphics were so bad that I did something I've never done before with a game: gave it up because it was ugly to look at.

Oh, and HOMM3 is a GREAT game.

Comment

Working...
                              X