Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have very little decent software for doing this kind of stuff. I could do to download PSP at some point. Adobe Photoshop would be even nicer I hate having to improvise with other cacky software...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i like mijne its thew real me !!!
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Can some kind soul help me make the background transparent in my new avatar?

I succeeded in making my previous avatar background transparent, but now all of a sudden I can't get it to work.

Please?

Comment

I got my avatar down with PSP, cersion 4 (that must be pertty old), but I have lite-style, so can anyone please tell me if it shows up, and if it looks crap..?

Also, ditto to winston's request about transparent background... I need to know too.

Comment

In Paint Shop Pro, there are essentially two ways to do it: (a) remove the background the way described above or (b) colour it a single unique colour and then use the Export as GIF wizard to select it as your BG colour. (v. 6 and above) or use the "set palette transparency" function (all versions). For best results on these boards select a grayish colour and fill the relevant area before resizing, to ensure nice antialiassing with the board colours.
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I use a program called PolyView, but it seems to work the same way you described, Snapcase. I'll give it another go, but I think I did it that way already.

Do you have any way of doing it for me?

Comment

Well, I seem to have made it on my own. The trick for me was to "resize" it (actually leaving it the same size but clicking OK instead of Cancel in the resizing menu) before selecting the transparent colour - and then proceed to export the image to a different file name.

I'm still not fully aware of how it works, but I'm a happier man than before!

I hope you'll be able to make it too Gibsie.

Comment

If you only want to make transparent gifs, Adobe Photoshop is too much work. It eats space and memory. Get PSP.

I have both

Comment

I could never figure it out before and me a bloody 3D Graphics artist

Test
                    Attached Files
                    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

aww only have PSPro 4. I have Micrografx Picture publisher does anyone know if you can use that and how??
                      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Just trying...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Hueij; July 12, 2001, 17:12.
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

If you used PSPro how did you do it? Can I do it in PSPro4?

Comment

Working...
                          X