Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been coming here less since the upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better, but...

Yes, it finally seems to be better, but how long will it last?
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Speed is great, only problem with speed would be if you are a spammer and need 3 sec page load times to post numerous times per day...
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The poll should have an option for those who actually started to spend more hours here. I'm one of them. I know, it's pretty ironic...
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

actually it could be vBB because somehow it may increase server workload, though it is very unexpected as PHP and MySQL are supposed to be faster than Perl CGI.

Comment

I'm coming more often now - but that's not related to the upgrade

Comment

I have found the speed to be about the same during the day but when I post my turn reports in the evening it is incredibly slow.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

The speed is a bit slower... but I have been coming here as often as ever...
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

yeah.

Comment

I think someone up there must really love me

Because after the upgrade, the loading times were sadistically slow and have continued on for a long time like that.

But these last days the forums have acquired supersonic speed for me! And it stays superfast at daytime and nightime alike.

I understand the pain and suffering of the people who complain and I am with them. But I had the great chance to vote «no problem with speed».

Comment

i still find certian times ar eworse than others, obviusl;y the system getting overloaded during peak log in times...
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Like paiktis, I have also noticed a big improvement in speed the last couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                        X