Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been coming here less since the upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it is beginning to slow down again now. This thing is connected to the university network, so bandwidth at my end is not an issue. It has become much slower, and will begin to slow down further as more American time zones start work...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's lightning fast right now, because very few people are on. In the evening is when it's slow.
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
        It's lightning fast right now, because very few people are on. In the evening is when it's slow.
        huh.
        Not one to take the bait are you...
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I usually am, but I only bite at lures with substance...
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
            I usually am, but I only bite at lures with substance...
            Aahhhhh....a man of substances...
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I have to agree with Rich, during the day it's normal, but in the evening the speed is dramatic...

Comment

Hmmm, you know... I've noticed that too. Right now, it's screaming! Even the regular site (ie, not forums).
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Patience is a virtue, people. If you`re prepared to put up with the decrease in speed, vBB is a much nicer system than UBB ever was. There are a lot of features in the new system that I believe would be noticeable by their absence were they removed.
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

In my opinion the slowdown are a result of the upgrade, as it started for me with the upgrade. At the beginning it was very hard more than half an hour to open one page. Everything what I know is that I changed the provider for the internet connection. The old one is very slow, sometimes the speed was more or less acceptable but not at all. I only know that my old provider used a proxy server but maybe that isn't the problem.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
                      Patience is a virtue, people. If you`re prepared to put up with the decrease in speed, vBB is a much nicer system than UBB ever was. There are a lot of features in the new system that I believe would be noticeable by their absence were they removed.
                      True, true, but when it comes to "Name that tunes" speed is essential

Comment

I've been coming/ posting less, not so much due to speed problems, but more due to the error messages I keep getting when I try to post. Half the time, I get the "no thread specified error" and it's really frustrating!

ps: I had to try posting this thrice before it worked
                        PHOENIXCAGER
                        The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

It's a bit slower now, which has something to do with the size of the files served. I took a glance at the page source and it looks dreadfully complicated. I reckon Markos can do a bit of optimisation on the code to shrink down the files. There might also be a problem with the server load and/or the bandwidth.

I have just did a traceroute (yes, again ) and there's traffic jam along the route. Sometimes the slowdown isn't caused by either end but something in between. However if you use it when there are few people you should notice an increase in speed.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I know I have really decreased the number of times I check in during the day (eastern standard time) because the site is so slow then, but things are OK at around midnight.

Comment

It kicks ass at 03:00 PST, even with add filtering software running (sorry guys ).
                              Peace, Wisdom, and No Karma

Comment

At the moment it is very fast, I will have to try it later in the afternoon. This page took 1.913 seconds to load, but I have colossal amounts of bandwidth; connected directly to a university over ethernet...
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X