Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been coming here less since the upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you been coming here less since the upgrade?

I have because its so damn slow!

I just wondered how many others have been here less lately.
    The forums have been very slow for me so I dont come here as much
    28.00%
    No problems with speed, I come here as often as ever.
    34.00%
    Even though the speed sucks I still spend the same amount of time here.
    38.00%
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

I visit just as regularly as before, however I have a friend who says he has stopped comming here entirely since it now takes 10 minutes to load a thread even though he has a ADSL connection.

I also find Apolyton very slow, but not intolarably slow.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Shouldn't you be referring to the downgrade? Everyone else is.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It's all part of the grand plan...

p.s. It's good not to be the only whiner...

Comment

Originally posted by Infatuation
          Shouldn't you be referring to the downgrade? Everyone else is.
          Well I do like the new look and the new features, but the speed is certainly a downgrade...

Comment

I always browse in multiple windows so that I don't have to wait for pages to load. With the slowdown I just have some more windows open at the same time.

Comment

I visit Apolyton as often as I can...and still do...I have enough other things to do, so sometimes I even forget I was loading a page

Comment

The end is near...

Mark and Dan keep telling us that it's not really a problem.

The site is slower by a wide margin since the change to vBB.

It has become annoying to come here to post about games I'm playing in, to say nothing of the Off-Topics.

But it's not really a problem at all, right?

Guys, you can keep telling us it's no big deal, but we are telling you, it is.

The fun is rapidly leaving Apolyton.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I have had no time problems at all, until I went to make this post. Is it only affecting the Apolyton/Community forum?
                  I have a normal modem/phoneline connection, so I can't see why people with ADSL lines should have trouble.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The slowdowns are not a consequence of the upgrade, so the question is irrelevant. Yes, I've been coming here less since the slowdowns started less than a week ago. But the upgrade a month ago made little or no difference to speed.
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Snapcase, it's been slower for me since the upgrade. Though sometimes better, sometimes worse, it's always been slower.

I hope folks give the powers that be a chance to iron things out however. Even if you post alot less as I have been, I keep coming back. We're part of a community here, and just because all the traffic lights are stuck on red doesn't mean moving is the answer...unless things aren't better when Civ 3 comes out.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The site is slower by a wide margin since the change to vBB.

Hmm, funny the change to vBB made the website slower... seeing that there is more to the site than simply forums? Or, did you forget that?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Actually it is very fast earlier on in the day for me, as fast if not faster than under UBB. But the problem is during the evenings, which is suspected to be a server bandwidth problem, which could do with being addressed, especially with Civ3 on it's way. Go on, slam in a few new processors and hard drives
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
                            The slowdowns are not a consequence of the upgrade, so the question is irrelevant. Yes, I've been coming here less since the slowdowns started less than a week ago. But the upgrade a month ago made little or no difference to speed.
                            You are irrelevant you ****ing *****! Of course the slowdowns are a result of the upgrade! Just about everyone on here has had problems since the forums were upgraded so stop being such an arrogant wanker!

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                              Of course the slowdowns are a result of the upgrade! Just about everyone on here has had problems since the forums were upgraded
                              I disagree... Right after the upgrade, I saw no problems with the speed of the site when I was posting from home with my cable modem. At the office, things were slow at times because our network was slow, not Apolyton.

This is a recent problem
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X