No announcement yet.

Sooooo...what happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THank you Dan! I know everybody appreciates your efforts at keeping the site up and running even if we don't sound appreciative all the time!
    DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
    EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
    AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

As per a report, you guys obviously do not visit the About section very often or the pull-down menu of recent news items...
      Mostly because the aforementioned pull-down still isn't available in forum light-view, which lots of people use since the slow-down of the forums...

Adding the news menu to the light view would be greatly appreciated.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Immortal:

I am using the Light style and I have been able to see the news item pull-down menu from day one. Try going into your Control Panel, re-selecting Light style and saving the change.

-------------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I don't know what you did, but I don't get the new pull-down menu even after re-submitting the light style.

Comment

Dan, please tell me that we have not yet seen the "full" report. The teensy tiny note on the about page just says that it's the same problem as before and has been fixed. This is what was said before! Obviously falsely. There is more to the story. If you thought you had fixed it before, but didn't, than there must be something you didn't understand about the problem. And (no big stretch here) maybe you dond't understand all the aspects of the current failure. Maybe a more diligent look is needed.

This is serious **** Dan. I had to lead the Polytubbies to ACOL!

Comment

Actually, the last report said that they were working on fixing the problem as soon as possible. I guess they just didn't fix it fast enough to prevent an other failure.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                This is serious **** Dan. I had to lead the Polytubbies to ACOL!
                Saw you at Civfanatics also, Navy.

Looks like you got it bad, boy.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

GP:

Your insinuation is offensive and furthermore there is no reason to resort to profanity.

I have been in consultation with GameStats' Tech people on an ongoing basis -- I am not pretending to know everything tech.-wise with the server, I am getting it straight from the source. This is why I have directed people to Tony directly should they wish to try to obtian more information. I am disclosing all that I have at my disposal to be disclosed... there is no cover up. All that I have disclosed in my report is coming directly from them and is not simply my interpretation of events.

It is possible that GameStats' tech. people have not yet determined the extent of the failure themselves but I have been reassured that they have and I have to take them at their word for that. They are only human, like myself, after all.

I believe that myself, the GameStats Tech. team etc. are doing an excellent job of keeping people informed what is going on. In your post in this thread, you make it sound like I am not doing my job and quite frankly its insulting and an overreaction.

------------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                    I don't know what you did, but I don't get the new pull-down menu even after re-submitting the light style.
                    Me neither...
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                      They are only human, like myself, after all.
                      MY GOD!, Dan, do not admit to the mob that you are mortal! They will tear you to pieces.

*Alters are thrown over, icons smashed, riotous mobs invade the sanctum sactorum of Apolyton.*
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

GP:
                        An inveterate grumbler like you most become very popular on a submarine after a few months.
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Dan, the post was meant to express some humor at how much I miss Apolyton (as well as a point--which certainly is supported by the facts.) I just have more of a rough and tumble style than you do. I'll take it easy on you for a while and tease Markos. He knows how to handle me.

Lefty, I wasn't a complainer about the sub conditions. I definitely did beleive in getting to the source of problems. That is very much drilled into the culture. It's a Rickover thing.

Comment

Why would you assume that anyone here would want to be Ricked-over?

Comment

.....BUT...., like GP, I am mildly curious as to the "circumstances" that led to the server going unresponsive.

Comment

OK, GP, I'll take your word for it but next time use some smilies please.

-----------------
                                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                                X